Concerned my 3 month old panther ate "fuzz"

Ctg

My 3 month panther ate fuzz, something like what's in stuffed animals. It was a pretty small piece, but still enough to have me very worried. I was pouring crickets into her feeder cup and dumping a few to roam in her cage. I guess somehow some fuzz got in her cage in the process that I didn't notice.

Well I go get myself some breakfast and when I get back is when I notice the fuzz, and at the same time a cricket jumped on it. Before I could reach my hand in she shot and got the cricket and fuzz :( I couldn't pull it out of her mouth before she swallowed it. I'm so mad at myself for letting this happen, and very frustrated that in my entire huge cage that the cricket she wanted happened to jump on the fuzz when she was shooting.

Is there anything I can do? Am I overreacting? Please help :(

you will make mistakes

I can't count my mistakes. The important thing is to remember each one, as to not make a repeat. Watch his poop over the next couple of days. Is he pooping, did the fuzz pass? If he passes it, ok. no harm, no foul. If he doesn't, then to the vet you'll go. I'm sure the vet bill will remind you to watch for debris.

there's not much can be done about it. make sure the cham has lots of water so that it passes as easily as possible. If it was a small bit of fuzz, it shouldn't get stuck or twisted up in the digestive track, and should just pass /come out with poop.

I agree, watch the poop! If you dont see fuzz in it in the next few days then a trip to the vet to make sure he'll be okay never hurts :)

get to checking

I agree with sandra. Unfortunately, you may have to open up the poo. Fuzz will shrink and compact when wet, much less passing through a stomach and then cloaca. I bet you don't make this booboo again. Sorry, it's just kinda funny, as long as everything is ok. I'm sure it will be.

anything?

I am curious for an update. Has your little guy 'build a bear' so to speak. Lots of water is the key for humans, & I know baths work really well for snakes, iguanas, etc... So....

Haha my build a bear. Well the poops are normal size and I'm breaking them apart but I'm not seeing anything yet. She is her normal and active self, but I'm definitely still worried I haven't found any in her poop.

I'm starting to get really concerned and I think I'm going to take her to the vet. She didn't poop today and only a small one yesterday. Her skin is also staying very dark all the time unless she's sleeping. She's eating like normal, or possibly more than normal but she just looks really bloated.

Back
Top Bottom