Coming back to owning a cham

Millz&Jukka

Avid Member
I’m looking into getting a chameleon after not having one for a few years, I have a 3x1.5x1.5 viv. Just wondering about any new husbandry tips and ideas since I was last in the community. Looking to get male panther cham again so any tips would be great.

You could start with that smaller cage if you wanted but why go to the trouble of setting it up twice. Save the smaller one for outdoors and get the 2x2x4 you will need for an adult panther set up indoors now before you bring your new guy/gal home. T5 HO lights are currently the most reasonable way to simulate sunlight indoors and get good UVB. Bumping humidity at night in the 80-100 range is now in fashion and probably has some genuine benefit. Hybrid cages with screen and various plastic sides are working for many people. I like Shooting Gallery Feeders for keeping bugs in the cage and monitoring appetite. They work great with screen cages.

It’s most likely not going to happen for a few months so I have time to go back through everything and get new bulbs etc. My viv is actually 4x2x2 it’s just been a long day and I forgot how measurements work somehow? I don’t know but i’ve been incredibly stressed for the past month so my brain is all over the place!? I’ll keep you guys updated about what I get and if I’m getting a new cham at some point!

Back
Top Bottom