Tail bitten

Hi There welcome to the forum. I was tagged for reducing feeding amounts... Looks like your already feeding only a few feeders every few days so that is good. But big issue for this boy is his health. I agree with Kinyonga looks like thermal burns all down the tail. Could also be due to feeders chewing on him but the way the tail has the discolored line that is from a burn. You need a very good chameleon vet to treat him. He may need oral antibiotics along with a topical.

Getting his home upgraded and set up correctly will be very important. This will help you step by step on set up. https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons/

Then ask all questions here. Everyone else is giving you the info I would so not much else for me to say. Except welcome and I hope your boy feels better soon.

I’ve got him a new uv light, and a couple of days ago I gave him D3 and A along with his calcium and put the cream what was suggested along his back. Still in the process of getting a better enclosure. I’ve noticed he doesn’t try and get any of the locusts off him when they jump on him…. I’m hoping he will soon have enough energy to get them off.

I’ve got him a new uv light, and a couple of days ago I gave him D3 and A along with his calcium and put the cream what was suggested along his back. Still in the process of getting a better enclosure. I’ve noticed he doesn’t try and get any of the locusts off him when they jump on him…. I’m hoping he will soon have enough energy to get them off.
Were you able to get him to a cham vet? With injuries that extensive, he may have an infection and will likely need antibiotics. Silver sulfadiazine is a by-prescription item... If you didn't make it to a vet, how did you get it?

Glad he got a new UV light! The D3 and A will take a while to kick in as their metabolisms are very slow. Keep feeding calcium at every feeding, and that vitamins (most folks here recommend Repashy LoD) on the 1st and 15th of the month.

Hopefully he'll start feeling better soon. :)

Back
Top Bottom