colours.....?

georginachelsea

I have a year an a half year old veiled chameleon, and i was wondering if any one could tell me why in the past month she has decided to stay her bed time colours most of the day, she normally went into this very light green when she was off to bed but she seems to stay like this, im confused, can anyone shed some light.
i know a wooden viv is bad but im currently waiting for my screen one to be finished. thanks for any imput x:)

Attachments

• 20032009010.jpg
    20032009010.jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 143
  • 20032009011.jpg
    20032009011.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 162
I'm not sure about the colors but it does look like her eyes are sunken in a bit, it could just be the lighting from the photo. Does she drink a lot?

Watering good, she drinks plenty and her poo is white and brown. i cant measure humidity and i know its not perfect for her. she has had issues with her eyes where she gets 'sleep' in them which im working on as the vet is unsure what is wrong. i cant do much with humidity until she gets her new viv in a wk. thanks for imput x

Do you have a ficus or compact UVB bulb? When my Veiled had "sleep" I cleaned it out with some saline solution every now and then.

i have a cham the same age but male and like u i had him in a woodern viv and now he's in a flexarium and he used to stay quite green when he was in his viv but now he's always dark and that worries me more i thought a nice green like when hes asleep is a good thing to be throughout the day too

my female is this colour (normal),they will change to different colours when they are gravid,receptive or stressed.
hope this helps

graeme

how is the heat... usually when mine is down in the bottom of the tank pooping in the pot./... yes hes potty trained..... he turns a dark dark green brown..... i have hear that when there cold they turn darker colours to absorb more light......and lighter when too hot or have had enough sun..... do you have lots of leaves for him to hide behind under and around...?

she has plenty to hide in, she has a hibiscus plant in there now too, which she loves to sit in.
when i bought her she had a compact light which a changed a month after i got her, also when i got her she had mild MBD which she is bein treated for aswell. she has been her normal self, i just couldnt work out the colour thing but thanks guys! :D

Back
Top Bottom