Colors that stress chams out

Last week end I cleaned out a room in the house. Painted it Valspar Tropic Green. My vields are in open air cages against the newly painted wall. They seem more relaxed and hang near the wall twards the back of the cage. I have noticed that they are showing more relaxed colors as well. Im no scientist, but I think they feel safe near Tropic Green.

You're probably right.

FWIW, the only color I know of that my chams despise is black--but I'm not one to wear black or bright colors.
Certainly an interesting discussion.

Last week end I cleaned out a room in the house. Painted it Valspar Tropic Green. My vields are in open air cages against the newly painted wall. They seem more relaxed and hang near the wall twards the back of the cage. I have noticed that they are showing more relaxed colors as well. Im no scientist, but I think they feel safe near Tropic Green.

View attachment 77544

View attachment 77545

wow, i think that color is awesome!! i personally agree that green is a very “safe” color for them. i have had chams that didn’t like certain colored feeder bowels, but green was never an issue. all of my bowls are now green! and also the reason i wound up using this material for cage dividers-

file_zps12555fe7.jpg

wow, i think that color is awesome!! i personally agree that green is a very “safe” color for them. i have had chams that didn’t like certain colored feeder bowels, but green was never an issue. all of my bowls are now green! and also the reason i wound up using this material for cage dividers-

file_zps12555fe7.jpg

My chams get freaked out when they see me naked. Of course, so do a lot of people. Want some pics?

Olive , my Jackson, HATES white - then again, she is "the crabby vine lump" - she hates EVERYTHING :p

hahahaha!!! We call Ferdinand my Jax the "branch nugget" and "grump log" when he's in those moods :D

Haven't noticed an issue with any specific colors, but I think stripes upset my Jax. His spots come out and he hunkers low on the branch. I only have one or two striped shirts, so I always forget. Our walls are red, and he free ranges a lot. It doesn't seem to bother him.

lol.

I was wearing a red hair tie around my wrist and my friends chameleon turned black and tried to yank it off. I hope I don't bleed a lot in front of chameleons. I really don't like them to make matters worse.

My panther hates my new wool hat black and orange stripes, he trise to around the other side of whatever he is on when I come near. I keep forgetting to take the darn hat off! My veiled does not seem to react to colors but I have a sheet across the front of his enclosure and he generally recoils from my presence.

I've often wondered if my bright red hair is the reason my Yemen freaks every time I look at him! It doesn't seem to bother the panther the same though.

I've often wondered if my bright red hair is the reason my Yemen freaks every time I look at him! It doesn't seem to bother the panther the same though.

I have red hair as well and my lil guy loves me. He was going crazy in the pet store trying to get at me so this was not a factor for him.
The 'puppy dog' enthusiasm worked, I bought him and all of his necessities that day and came to pick him up the next day once I got everything put together and set up.

He is a happy lil guy and I will have to pay attention to what if anything color does to affect his mood.

Back
Top Bottom