Cold weather in FL: How do I keep my veiled warm?

Danicuteeyes

My whole house is freezing! Idk what to do, I've put sheets around his cage.
I'm on my iPhone and it is a hassle looking for threads right now, so if I posted this in a wrong forum, I'm sorry.

Please any advice on how to keep my chameleon warmer I would really appreciate!
His cage temp from what I see ranges from 65-75 at most.
Thanks again.

-Daniella & Donnie :)

I had to use a higher watt basking bulb. I went from a 40 to 60 watt and turned on the heater in my house.

You can increase the bulb as mentioned and cover the side of the cage with plastic or towels to keep the heat in, but a few days of cooler temps will not hurt a healthy animal. I leave mine outside unless temps drop below 50.

My whole house is freezing! Idk what to do, I've put sheets around his cage.
I'm on my iPhone and it is a hassle looking for threads right now, so if I posted this in a wrong forum, I'm sorry.

Please any advice on how to keep my chameleon warmer I would really appreciate!
His cage temp from what I see ranges from 65-75 at most.
Thanks again.

-Daniella & Donnie :)

I didnt know FL ever seen cold I live in oregon and how we do it here is turn the house temp up to 70 F

It froze here in the tampa bay area last night.. Got down to 19degrees in some areas up north. Nothing better than burning christmas trees on the beach at 3 in the morning.

For everyone talking about heaters- I'm having the same problem in florida. we don't have heat in the houses here, and all the space heaters are sold out. todays low was 49, and my poor jackson's was too cold to go down and eat. I hand fed him, but i was still worried. i'm definitely trying the cloth/plastic over his cage tonight. very helpful. thanks!

I've been putting my reptiles in the bathroom and letting a hot shower run for a little bit. Along with misting with hot water. This has bring the temperature and humidity up, and as long as I keep the door closed, it works for a while. It's fairly crude, but it's the best I can come up with besides using more lamps.

Back
Top Bottom