Coccidia Treatment + Respiratory Infection

Great news! The x-ray from the vet showed she had clear lungs. The vet did tell us to keep an eye on her and gave us antibiotics in case she starts showing signs of an URI (since she's been tilting her head up sometimes, though the vet said it also could have been her trying to get more UVB/heat when basking), but we've been keeping an eye on her and she seems to be acting normal. Her fecal sample also came up clean for coccidia, so we're setting up her larger 2x2x4 cage now and it'll hopefully be ready soon!

Additionally, since we had a lot of communication issues with the vet we went to, I'm trying to get her set up with a vet that I saw recommended on these forums. The waitlist for new patients is unfortunately very long, so fingers crossed!

Attached is an x-ray, because I think it's cool.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-21 at 3.46.47 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-21 at 3.46.47 PM.png
    470.7 KB · Views: 73
Great news! The x-ray from the vet showed she had clear lungs. The vet did tell us to keep an eye on her and gave us antibiotics in case she starts showing signs of an URI (since she's been tilting her head up sometimes, though the vet said it also could have been her trying to get more UVB/heat when basking), but we've been keeping an eye on her and she seems to be acting normal. Her fecal sample also came up clean for coccidia, so we're setting up her larger 2x2x4 cage now and it'll hopefully be ready soon!

Additionally, since we had a lot of communication issues with the vet we went to, I'm trying to get her set up with a vet that I saw recommended on these forums. The waitlist for new patients is unfortunately very long, so fingers crossed!

How many clean fecals have you gotten so far? Is this the first one? I would get another fecal in 4 weeks. Make sure that one shows clean and then another 4 weeks later. If she is clean for the three months your out of the woods.

This is such good news! You and your Cham have been through so much!

How many clean fecals have you gotten so far? Is this the first one? I would get another fecal in 4 weeks. Make sure that one shows clean and then another 4 weeks later. If she is clean for the three months your out of the woods.
This is her first. It ended up being about a week after her last treatment because of scheduling issues, so I'll do another fecal in about 3 weeks. I'd like to start moving her into the new cage sooner than that, though - do you think that'll be ok? She's definitely not happy with her current setup (and neither am I lol)

This is her first. It ended up being about a week after her last treatment because of scheduling issues, so I'll do another fecal in about 3 weeks. I'd like to start moving her into the new cage sooner than that, though - do you think that'll be ok? She's definitely not happy with her current setup (and neither am I lol)
If you do you run the risk of her not being clear though. Parasites as it was explained to me run in cycles which is why you do multiple fecals to ensure it is totally gone.

I would say you could go ahead and try but limit what you put in there and stay on top of spot cleaning. Just be aware that you may have to strip and toss stuff if she comes back with a positive fecal. 😥

If you do you run the risk of her not being clear though. Parasites as it was explained to me run in cycles which is why you do multiple fecals to ensure it is totally gone.

I would say you could go ahead and try but limit what you put in there and stay on top of spot cleaning. Just be aware that you may have to strip and toss stuff if she comes back with a positive fecal. 😥
That sounds good. I’ll just make sure to have enough stuff that if I have to i can take it all out and replace it.

Back
Top Bottom