Cletus sleeping high quality pic right here !

Sunken

Their eyes do sink in a little bit when they sleep but not very much. Just make sure he is getting a good amount of water everyday. :) beautiful boy

He looks wrinkly like he fell asleep on his face then repositioned and the print was still there. He is so cute! I love sleeping pics!

hm.. my chams dont sink when he sleeps..

My female Nosy Be's eyes go almost flat when she sleeps. When she's awake they are almost ready to pop out of her head. I think eyes alone are a poor indicator of hydration while a cham is sleeping. My males eyes are always popped out.

ok people who think my cham is dehydrated. go into the other thread and look what i wrote in the thread its in Why So Pricy.... My cham is getting more water then he should he has a mist king system that goes off 5 times a day for three mins. and his dripper is ALAWAYS dripping. I have 6 gallons of water sitting by the cage waiting for the dripper of the misting system to run low " which i check every day " trust me he is getting water every day no matter what ! :mad:

Checking eyes while awake can show an indication of dehydration better than while sleeping but I think the best way to tell if your Cham is dehydrated is to 'pinch' a bit of their skin in the hind quarter and observe the 'tent' and how long it takes to re-flatten. That is a better indicator of water needs.

Your guy looks nice and peaceful! He's adorable and clearly not dehydrated! :)

Back
Top Bottom