Clear Discharge???

I have a 2 month old veiled who I just went to go check on and he was rubbing his left eye really hard on a plastic vine in there, after he was done rubbing, some clear discharge seemed to come out and he blinked a few times and then he was fine...he probably had something in his eye i am guessing but could anyone explain this behavior?

Was it right after a misting? If it was, it could have just been water. They often rub their eyes on branches to clean them out, which can be pretty alarming sometimes. Maybe you could post a picture of the eye?

I actually think it mightve been water because he was sitting under the dripper earlier today...it just looked like he was hurting himself but maybe i am just overreacting haha. I tried to get a picture but he is still pretty shy and will run away if i get too close. But his eye really looks fine i just wanted an explanation for the behavior, Thanks:)

yes sometimes it can look a little strange and be a little nerve wracking, unless it was thick and pusy looking i wouldnt worry about it too much... most likely just water. Nothing too scary!

Back
Top Bottom