Clea eating her hibiscus leaves

Hey everyone, well hibiscus is by far her favorite plant to munch on. She loves the leaves like there is no tomorrow! Its a good thing i have a ton of hibiscus trees in my backyard..so i just pluck the leaves off and wash them off real good, put them in a plastic bag, seal the bag very good, and refrigerate. Here is a video of her eating 2 leaves this morning.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvK-s2IxFTc

that is so sweet,i've been trying to find a hibiscus for Mista but having no luck yet.
Are all hibiscus safe for them out of interest?or any i should stay away from when i finally find them.

that is so sweet,i've been trying to find a hibiscus for Mista but having no luck yet.
Are all hibiscus safe for them out of interest?or any i should stay away from when i finally find them.

I don't usually find hibiscus over here until June/July time. I found the best place to be a 'Thompsons' Garden Centre near me. They are usually found in the houseplant/indoor section rather than outside. I was in a local centre the other day, but they only had one that looked like it was a leftover from last summer, lol!

never thought about having the hibiscus not in the cage....:eek:

So if I was to get one, how do you go about teaching the cham that they are supposed to eat the leaves?

never thought about having the hibiscus not in the cage....:eek:

So if I was to get one, how do you go about teaching the cham that they are supposed to eat the leaves?

Well you don't "teach" them how ;) , you just provide it and they will know. Have two or three hibiscus to rotate in and out of the cage since they require so much sunlight.
:D

Caddie likes to eat her entire plant.... I have to change them out because she'll kill the plant if I leave it in there with her. she LOVES to eat her hibiscus.

too cute Stefan!!!
she really knows what to do with them!!!:D is there any nutritional value in the hibiscus or are they just kinda a filler??? i've got two plants here at home just waiting on Stanley... i know he's probably too small to eat them yet but these Chams seem to grow up quite fast....

lisa

too cute Stefan!!!
she really knows what to do with them!!!:D is there any nutritional value in the hibiscus or are they just kinda a filler??? i've got two plants here at home just waiting on Stanley... i know he's probably too small to eat them yet but these Chams seem to grow up quite fast....

lisa

Thansk everyone.

Lisa-Im pretty sure they do have nutritional value;)

Back
Top Bottom