Chameleons in situ : Madagascar

And, here is one of the more uncommon species if I've understood it correctly..

4510248251_cb19203398_o.jpg

Brookesia nasus

Very nice! Do you have any shots from the side?

Chris

Yes, I also have some shots from the side - some focus problems though.. (not focus on the eyes) - Will try to edit and post later today

It´s really great pictures.
Brookesia nasu is very beautiful... .
Have you pics from malthe and campani?:confused:

I was about to ask if you saw any br. perarmata? They are my absolute fav br species. I could still kick myself for never getting any when i had the chance.

Thor, you are absoltely right, it is realy difficult to make good pictures of Brookesia species.
I just made this experience in Amber mountain with B. tuberculata, one of the smalest chameleon ever.
It needs a lot of time and the result is not good many times.
But your pictures are still excellent.

5146822496_98ae3130bc_b.jpg

Furcifer pardalis

Same specimen as the other red one in this thread.

I should point out, that this specimen is photographed in a breeding park for chameleons (and some other reptiles)

How close were you when you took the photos? They don't seem particularly bothered!

Also, how hard were they to find in their natural environment?

How close were you when you took the photos? They don't seem particularly bothered!

Also, how hard were they to find in their natural environment?

None of the chameleons we encountered on Madagascar seemed to bothered with us being close to them, and photographing them.

That said, I'm using a 150mm lens, so that I don't have to be very close to them to get "up-close" shots. Portraits I guess is taken at about 50cm, and shots of whole animals at 100 to 120 cm.

All species except Furcifer pardalis was rather hard to find at daytime - the pardalis was rather easy to find because of their behaviour to bask on top of trees/vegetation in the sun.

But, in nighttime most species was rather easy to find with powerful headlamps, sleeping on the tip of branches.

Back
Top Bottom