Chameleon Vacations

Chadbot

With the long weekend coming up, I'm wondering what you all do with your chams if you decide to leave town?

I've searched out the similar threads, and it seems that the popular consensus is to leave you kids at home with a babysitter, or just lots of extra food if one isn't around.

I'm asking because I would like some help deciding if I should bring Mr. T with me when I go away this weekend. If I were just going city to city I wouldn't presume to move him, but I'm heading out to the country, with lots of fresh air and natural sunlight and normal weather (and it's supposed to be really nice this weekend). For me it's a toss up, because I know that the 2 hour drive will stress him out even if I put him into a travel box to sleep, but I think the time spent outside over the 4 days could really be good for him. Thoughts?

-Chad

If you're only going for a few days, leave him behind. If possible, get someone to provide water. Food isnt important for a couple days.

The stress involved in moving him is likely not worth it. Depends somewhat on the temperment of the animal.

I go to PA 10 days every year for vacation . In March I went down for a 4 day weekend and I took Winter with me . On June 30th , I'm taking my annual trip down and taking both chams with me . I'll put Winter in the bigger cage in the back and I'll have Lucky up front with me in the small cage I'll be using for transport . Of course , I'll pull over and mist them periodically and let them get some sun at rest areas . I'll have Lucky's big cage waiting at my mom's house when I get there .

Last edited:
I guess maybe there are some benefits to having a "special needs" chameleon after all! Thanks for pointing this one out to me.

Twister is so used to getting loaded up for vet trips that he doesn't even get stressed out traveling anywhere anymore. And, his attitude is usually better after a day in the boonies. Must be all that fresh air and green stuff everywhere?

Back
Top Bottom