Meet James... and new chameleon keeper

Ok…but very important - did you get the watering can? 😂 I use mine to water the two houseplants that my chameleons allow me to have in my living room.
Yep, I got it on Amazon as was cheaper there))

Also have this little guy:
092420E3-63E5-4BB8-A581-BC21B2E9050C.jpeg

IMG_0443.jpeg

And here are some new photos of James (put him out of tank for 5 min for the first time):
IMG_0576.jpeg

IMG_0578.jpeg

IMG_0575.jpeg

What do you think?

I am traveling this week for several days - so our older daughter is taking care of him…

Seems all ok for now - I prepared ~20 small roaches & 20 small crickets she put in his feeding cup every day. He has automated mister, lightening, heating. And I have a camera to check everything… coming back tomorrow 🤞

Yep, I got it on Amazon as was cheaper there))

Also have this little guy:
View attachment 344691

View attachment 344692

And here are some new photos of James (put him out of tank for 5 min for the first time):
View attachment 344693

View attachment 344695

View attachment 344694

What do you think?

I am traveling this week for several days - so our older daughter is taking care of him…

Seems all ok for now - I prepared ~20 small roaches & 20 small crickets she put in his feeding cup every day. He has automated mister, lightening, heating. And I have a camera to check everything… coming back tomorrow 🤞
Should be good, I did the same thing last week and had my mom keep an eye on my babies. I put all the food in deli cups for her, it seemed to work out great. I would just suggest sharing your vet and emergency vet contact info wit your daughter so if something happens she doesn't have to look for it while in a crisis.

Hi from James - he moved to big enclosure and seems to feel well! And he is definitely a boy - it becomes very visible now on his legs.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Can anyone share suggestions on where to buy wire shelving to put enclosure on (or better 2 XL enclosures)?

This is my new set up - for James & Big Tasty (who I’m fostering)

I plan to move them higher, once I find a perfect wire shelving (can’t find anything cheaper than 300$… any suggestions are welcome) + make better divider between them + potentially add more small plants on sides

Can somebody do an enclosure review for me please?

IMG_1015.jpeg

This is my new set up - for James & Big Tasty (who I’m fostering)

I plan to move them higher, once I find a perfect wire shelving (can’t find anything cheaper than 300$… any suggestions are welcome) + make better divider between them + potentially add more small plants on sides

Can somebody do an enclosure review for me please?

View attachment 346589
I take it when you ask for an enclosure review, you want opinions on if they need anything. I see a few things that could use improvement. The first is to elevate them off the floor, but you already are aware of that. I use the muscle racks or similar from Lowe’s and Home Depot. I’ve used the solid shelf style and advice going with wire shelves. Make sure they are heavy duty units and can hold the weight easily.
Next is branches…add lots more. It’s a challenge to attach them, but not impossible. Dragon Ledges are awesome! https://dragonstrand.com/dragon-ledges/ You can also use garden trellis that you can also pick up at Lowe’s or Home Depot. Attach it with thin wire to your enclosure frame. I needed to drill some tiny holes in a few places where I wanted to attach. I should have also drilled some tiny holes or used the screws to secure the wires too, to prevent the trellis from slipping down. Attaching some pics below to show the basic idea.
You have great plant cover! Those plants will be needing some special lighting to stay healthy and alive though. I use Sansi plant lights. Some prefer Arcadia Jungle Dawn.
I’ve wrapped fabric shower curtain around the back and sides not only to contain all of the overspray from misting, but to provide privacy and block views of their neighbors.

I take it when you ask for an enclosure review, you want opinions on if they need anything. I see a few things that could use improvement. The first is to elevate them off the floor, but you already are aware of that. I use the muscle racks or similar from Lowe’s and Home Depot. I’ve used the solid shelf style and advice going with wire shelves. Make sure they are heavy duty units and can hold the weight easily.
Next is branches…add lots more. It’s a challenge to attach them, but not impossible. Dragon Ledges are awesome! https://dragonstrand.com/dragon-ledges/ You can also use garden trellis that you can also pick up at Lowe’s or Home Depot. Attach it with thin wire to your enclosure frame. I needed to drill some tiny holes in a few places where I wanted to attach. I should have also drilled some tiny holes or used the screws to secure the wires too, to prevent the trellis from slipping down. Attaching some pics below to show the basic idea.
You have great plant cover! Those plants will be needing some special lighting to stay healthy and alive though. I use Sansi plant lights. Some prefer Arcadia Jungle Dawn.
I’ve wrapped fabric shower curtain around the back and sides not only to contain all of the overspray from misting, but to provide privacy and block views of their neighbors.
Thanks! I can't see any pictures attached, am I missing smth?

I will pick up more branches, tried garden trellis - but they came to me colored so I was afraid to put in enclosure, will try another one

I have a Jungle Dawn on one of them and for second one I believe light from my plant lamp is coming there.

Can you share pictures of the fabric shower curtain and how you attached it?

I have also ordered this shelving yesterday to try:
71BlJ+Xn-aL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Oops! Completely forgot to attach pics. My brain sometimes….:rolleyes: I just used some scraps of trellis that I had laying around. I will be making double wide enclosures and will probably stick with trellis rather than buy more Dragon Ledges. I see that the trellis does come in various colors and since I’ll need more, might try either brown or green…not sure which yet. I will be making the attachments more secure to either the frame screws or some drilling tiny holes in the frame. Oh…also, I used a jigsaw to cut the trellis and it left sharp edges that I sanded.
These are two separate enclosures btw. In the second pic, you can see the shower curtain holes attached with the same thin wire. To ensure it stayed put where I wanted it, I also attached it down the end side. I did have to cut some of the bottom off as it was longer than my enclosures. I opted for blue sky with clouds for the curtain print, but it doesn’t show as much as I’d hoped. It’s still bright and light though and that is what I wanted.

IMG_5011.jpeg
IMG_3336.jpeg

Oops! Completely forgot to attach pics. My brain sometimes….:rolleyes: I just used some scraps of trellis that I had laying around. I will be making double wide enclosures and will probably stick with trellis rather than buy more Dragon Ledges. I see that the trellis does come in various colors and since I’ll need more, might try either brown or green…not sure which yet. I will be making the attachments more secure to either the frame screws or some drilling tiny holes in the frame. Oh…also, I used a jigsaw to cut the trellis and it left sharp edges that I sanded.
These are two separate enclosures btw. In the second pic, you can see the shower curtain holes attached with the same thin wire. To ensure it stayed put where I wanted it, I also attached it down the end side. I did have to cut some of the bottom off as it was longer than my enclosures. I opted for blue sky with clouds for the curtain print, but it doesn’t show as much as I’d hoped. It’s still bright and light though and that is what I wanted.

View attachment 346620View attachment 346621

Thanks - I see what you mean by trellis, I had different type. Are these plastic one or wood?

Thanks for all replies & welcome

That's him (maybe her?) today:
View attachment 344359

What do you think about color? He is very rarely bright green. Although eating well (crickets, silk/ hornworms, dubia, BSF), poo is also ok, quite active & never close his eyes.

Another thing that worries me - he starts sleeping at night on a mesh door - I believe it's not very nice for them to climb mesh? He has a lot of branches (probably not a lot of plants yet as I need to prepare then), but still second day he is sleeping on a mesh door instead of more than 10 different branches... Anything I can/ should do about it?
Congrats on him he looks so much better in terms of hydration! Color is fine. They tend to sleep in strange places he will probably change his preference many times. Mine loves to sleep hanging off the MK nozzle.

Thanks everyone.

Caught him lying on branch - it’s late evening, he ate well today and was active. Is it normal for him to be like that?

IMG_1153.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom