Chameleon subreddit... is it for real?

While it sucks you got banned, I LOVE your response to them! Hopefully it won't (but probably will) fall on deaf ears!
Yeah i agree it will just be ignored or I'll get some snarky response ignoring all my points but focusing on the 'ego's comment and that's their grounds for the ban...

Ironically that will only prove my point without them realizing it...

I'll just have to block that whole community because I wont want to actually see what goes on their after that point unfortunately.

I wonder if the reddit plebs would think this is too many plants hahahah

View attachment 327169
“Way too many plants, it should be inside, don’t you know chameleons DONT like the sun?? You should have a t8 UVB and WHERE IS THE GLASS OF WATER?! Also throw away all your supplements and only feed mealworms while you’re at it. Maybe even put the cage on the ground”

not enough plants ? So much misinformation out there!

Attachments

• IMG_20220727_162621.jpg
    IMG_20220727_162621.jpg
    434.9 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_20220727_162553.jpg
    IMG_20220727_162553.jpg
    375 KB · Views: 47
“Way too many plants, it should be inside, don’t you know chameleons DONT like the sun?? You should have a t8 UVB and WHERE IS THE GLASS OF WATER?! Also throw away all your supplements and only feed mealworms while you’re at it. Maybe even put the cage on the ground"
No more humidity problems! Used my rug to wrap around my enclosure! Found out water crystals is way easier then a water cup! So much cleaner as well!

It wouldn't even be that bad if they sold the cup method as a quirky thing they found works, "Go ahead and try it out if you want" type approach. Maybe it even does to an extent, I don't know. But instead they tell a bunch of curious people that search "pet chameleons reddit" eccentricities such as misters are dangerous, Bill Strand gives bad advice, and if you don't only hydrate your chameleon via water from a glass cup you are a terrible person.
This pretty much sums up my opinion as well

I wonder if the reddit plebs would think this is too many plants hahahah
it’s more about the pathways IMO(which you have, no criticism from me…just for the sake of discussion). We do see people here that have way too many plants/not enough moving room for species like panther/veiled. Almost any source that’s studied then in the wild speaks of them being out in the open and in somewhat dry climates(at least more so than what people think when they see chameleon). Montanes really appreciate the densely planted enclosures though for the most part.

Another example of how they treat chameleons like they are one species.

Well this certainly is an interesting turn of events!

I guess I can remain and try to spread some more misinformation but will need to be more tactful lolView attachment 327214
I don’t think I ever would have guessed they would ever ever unban anyone. My ban has still been upheld, probably because I called them inept 🤣 I’ll just continue DM’ing people I see getting bad advice and poaching them and bring them here or to r/chameleonhusbandry haha

It's literally a cult! One guy changing the way to believe in something, collecting more followers as he grows, spewing nonsense and brainwashing then, not allowing them to look at or go to outside sources or learn other ways!

Back
Top Bottom