Chameleon still eating dirt!

Comicalsteak

my chameleon was eating the substrate. so i took that out and got it two hibiscus plants. i tried my best to cover the dirt with rocks and he is now trying to eat the soil! he goes out of his way to eat it and tries to move the rocks. why is he doing this?!:mad:

my chameleon was eating the substrate. so i took that out and got it two hibiscus plants. i tried my best to cover the dirt with rocks and he is now trying to eat the soil! he goes out of his way to eat it and tries to move the rocks. why is he doing this?!:mad:

I don't know but temporarily can you remove the rocks, lay down some weed barrier cloth, put the rocks back on? That way he can't get to the dirt and maybe it will discourage him.

I don't know but temporarily can you remove the rocks, lay down some weed barrier cloth, put the rocks back on? That way he can't get to the dirt and maybe it will discourage him.

A piece of windowscreen works just fine. Cut it to fit the pot surface and tuck it in around the edges or anchor it with your rocks.

What I did was cut out a piece of screen and made it like a donut shape, then cut one side so I can slip it around the base of my ficus. After that though I noticed my cham gnawing on roots and small twigs but I put in a piece of kale today and he munched on that instead.

i have the same thing with mista,like the others said i cover the soil with carrier bags then put the rocks on top.little mischeif will still go for the soil if i miss the slightest piece.

Back
Top Bottom