Chameleon Poop 101

So was giving Cletus his morning mist, he stops pops his leg out, makes eye contact with me, lol. Then proceeds to "do his business", then just goes on his way. I swear If he could talk, he would've been like, "your gonna clean that up right, homie".

Last edited:
Hello Cham Fam I really need some help with this crappy situation im having (pun intended). It seems as though my 10 month old girl has worms?!
not sure if anyone has insight on this or what this could be caused by. Any info would be great.
Here is a pictures of the worms in question, and YES they move!

FULL DISCLOSURE: I purchased he at a reptile show in Riverside and I am not sure how well the breeder took care of her.

Attachments

• 224.JPG
    224.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 348
Hello Cham Fam I really need some help with this crappy situation im having (pun intended). It seems as though my 10 month old girl has worms?!
not sure if anyone has insight on this or what this could be caused by. Any info would be great.
Here is a pictures of the worms in question, and YES they move!

FULL DISCLOSURE: I purchased he at a reptile show in Riverside and I am not sure how well the breeder took care of her.
Post your own thread so you can get direct help on this. But vet is needed and they will want to test the fecal to see exactly what kind they are for the correct meds. Sorry your going through this :(

Feel free to post your own poop pictures! I will happily replace mine with better ones. ;) So if you have any suggestions for the info provided (if it's unclear or confusing, or if something should be added) please let me know - here or by PM. And I'd love to get some better pictures so I can make it a sticky later since everyone wonders about poop!
Hi there! What do you think of this? Lou has been in and out of the vet for three weeks. This may have been what concerned the vet in the X-ray, he had a balloon type thing since Friday and after sun basking him today outside this is what’s passed. Yes he pooped on my hand

My Cham has been acting kinda off/sick I came home from work to this orange poop.... the urate looks solid white. Im reading through threads but can’t find anyone who has had this orange.. is this a result of horn worms?

Attachments

• 23CD9648-B413-45D7-AE98-411F9EC7A7BA.jpeg
    23CD9648-B413-45D7-AE98-411F9EC7A7BA.jpeg
    101.6 KB · Views: 306
  • ED307259-82A8-49B3-9A48-192026B7CBA7.jpeg
    ED307259-82A8-49B3-9A48-192026B7CBA7.jpeg
    117.2 KB · Views: 299
My Cham has been acting kinda off/sick I came home from work to this orange poop.... the urate looks solid white. Im reading through threads but can’t find anyone who has had this orange.. is this a result of horn worms?

Disregard... turns out she laid 3 of these monsters around the cage and that orange and white turd was the uriate.

Attachments

• D7D55FEF-2B14-4D5B-9037-A04886111760.jpeg
    D7D55FEF-2B14-4D5B-9037-A04886111760.jpeg
    74.5 KB · Views: 250
Disregard... turns out she laid 3 of these monsters around the cage and that orange and white turd was the uriate.
Sometimes when they don’t go frequently it can cause the urate to become more orange just from sitting in their intestine. If you are feeding hornworms and seeing her drink it should be ok. Just continue to keep an eye on it. (y) Also, here is a great thread on urates. https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/what-does-orange-urate-really-mean.89658/

First time I’ve noticed this color or any color in the urate and some clearish fluid on the screen with it. Is this clear fluid common?
1BADE8AA-3B17-4DB2-8FDF-CC40DA81AB71.jpeg

First time I’ve noticed this color or any color in the urate and some clearish fluid on the screen with it. Is this clear fluid common? View attachment 249046
The clear liquid is common, yes. The discoloration in the urate is also common... the closer to orange the more dehydrated your cham. Been feeding him worms lately? They're high in water and typically lead to a more "loose" urate. Overall I'd say it looks pretty decent.

The clear liquid is common, yes. The discoloration in the urate is also common... the closer to orange the more dehydrated your cham. Been feeding him worms lately? They're high in water and typically lead to a more "loose" urate. Overall I'd say it looks pretty decent.
I got him to eat bsfl for the first time only about 10 of them in two feedings a day prior to this! Also it’s been a lot more dry during the day lately because of the furnace running.(I have a mist king on the way:LOL:) Thanks for the response, Good to know!

Back
Top Bottom