Chameleon Poop 101

what u guys think a bout this poop?? is kind of orange, but I see my cham drinking water all the time, do u guys think that is becaus she is about to lay eggs I guess, because she is been pretty dark for a few days.

Attachments

• 20180418_161749.jpg
    20180418_161749.jpg
    219.4 KB · Views: 378
What about this poop? No one has helped me not even the vet, he said its becouse my cham is very stressed. Any opinions?

Attachments

• 20180410_140655.jpg
    20180410_140655.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 377
Cant believe i took a screen shot of this so i can make sure my chams poops fall into the good category.. :) haha very informative

Hi i have a jackson chamelion and almost all of her urates are orange. I know she is dehydrated but i cant seem to get her to drink anything. I have tried the shower but that did not work but i do not have a mister or dripper that run constantly but i do water her atleast 3 times a day with a spray bottle and a homemade drippper. Does anyone know how to get her urates white !!

Hi i have a jackson chamelion and almost all of her urates are orange. I know she is dehydrated but i cant seem to get her to drink anything. I have tried the shower but that did not work but i do not have a mister or dripper that run constantly but i do water her atleast 3 times a day with a spray bottle and a homemade drippper. Does anyone know how to get her urates white !!
Worst case scenario make her drink water. That's a last resort option when all else has failed. I usually spray my guy with a bit of water in between his eyes at the indent in his head. Water will roll right down into a cham's mouth when you do that.

Ok thank you I have been spraying some of her food with water and then spraying her while she is eating so she gets water as well. Hopefully she becomes more hydrated!

You need to spray for two minutes three times a day, get a garden sprayer, you need to keep the dripper going all twelve “light hours” and figure out a drainage solution. I have my dripper going over a hanging plastic plant, I’ve watched my guy lick the leaves...also, It is nearly SOAKED in my enclosure after the two minute sprays. But it dries out in between mostly. Get a couple golden pothos plants/Cham safe plants... Real plants have sent my guy down to drink off of the leaves there too(and it keeps the humidity up) get some fake (plastic only) hanging down terrarium plants, clean them and rinse all cleaner off thoroughly before installing... water will drip off these too and the Cham will drink off their leaves.These forums are great, keep coming back and search whatever your wondering about. Type in : best food, Cham won’t drink, ...hit search, someone has already talked about it...think strongly about an automatic misting system. I’m very new and learned all this from advice and reading the forums. Good luck!

I’m not sure what to think on this.. please advice! I’m new to panther chameleon, I got my lil buddy from petco about a week ago

Attachments

• 1F68B241-AF93-4EE2-8D4E-6592E6172F92.jpeg
    1F68B241-AF93-4EE2-8D4E-6592E6172F92.jpeg
    408.1 KB · Views: 277
Hi can I get some reassurance that my chams poop looks ok?? Concerned as two days ago the urates was 50% orange whereas two days before that it was completely white. But I didnt get pics as he was new to me.
This was todays.., two fecal matter, one quite mucusy the other not so much but still soft.(the pic with the urates has a piece of bark next to it..ignore that its not poop) The urates has orange still. And in the water bowl...wondered if that is a sperm plug as he's been pacing a lot and trying to escape.
Thanks for the help!!

Attachments

• IMG_20180818_113113.jpg
    IMG_20180818_113113.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 269
  • IMG_20180818_113117.jpg
    IMG_20180818_113117.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 315
  • IMG_20180818_113121.jpg
    IMG_20180818_113121.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 318
Hi can I get some reassurance that my chams poop looks ok?? Concerned as two days ago the urates was 50% orange whereas two days before that it was completely white. But I didnt get pics as he was new to me.
This was todays.., two fecal matter, one quite mucusy the other not so much but still soft.(the pic with the urates has a piece of bark next to it..ignore that its not poop) The urates has orange still. And in the water bowl...wondered if that is a sperm plug as he's been pacing a lot and trying to escape.
Thanks for the help!!
Does the enclosure get misted or have a dripper, or is that water bowl the only source of hydration?

Urate qurstion...I can't find anything that matches this. The urate is gooey and the goo is yellow tinted and looks like it has orange ish dust but there is also white and he doesn't look dehydrated based off any of the descriptions. He also drink off the plants and has even reached for the spray bottle on occasion. Can someone share some wisdom here please?
20181016_223738.jpg
USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1539743125597.jpg_1539743126935.jpeg

At the bare minimum, he’s dehydrated. His eyes look a little sunken in and the urate is orange. Mist him more and if he asks for a drink, don’t stop until he’s done. I would either do your own fecal float or take it to an exotics vet

Check out my guy’s droppings! Pretty wet. The urate got snagged on a leaf—it’s mostly white with a orange tail. He normally has pretty solid poos so I’m wondering if his antibiotic is making it a little extra wet.

Attachments

• 530EF6FD-02AD-4FE8-8EC1-7568478071EB.jpeg
    530EF6FD-02AD-4FE8-8EC1-7568478071EB.jpeg
    145.3 KB · Views: 326
Hey what’s up I have a baby veiled chameleons I have a had her for about 2 weeks and I am not sure how often she should be pooping and peeing we feed her a couple times a week. How often should she being pooping. She also just shedded her skin is it normal for her to be in a bad mood?

Hey what’s up I have a baby veiled chameleons I have a had her for about 2 weeks and I am not sure how often she should be pooping and peeing we feed her a couple times a week. How often should she being pooping. She also just shedded her skin is it normal for her to be in a bad mood?
What do you mean you feed her a couple of times a week? Baby chams need to be fed multiple times a day. Could you start your own thread and fill out the ask for help form, along with adding a pic of her enclosure, please?

How about when chameleon gave only urine with blood? (Male yemen)? Im going with him to Lizard Doctor anyway but wants to know earlier :D

Back
Top Bottom