Chameleon On A Leash!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't think this is such an absurd idea, I think its better than not letting him go in the tree at all and much like chameleons get use to being handled, he'll probably get use to it...the only concern i'd have is of him getting tangled and stuck in direct sunlight but since your checking very often thats not the biggest concern....you have to accept that there are a lot of jerks on this website, for someone to bark GROW UP YOU DON"T WALK a chameleon like a dog...that is just a jerky thing to say, chameleons are owned by a lot of people that are like that, but most of us just like to watch things thrive...i for one don't see any problem with the idea except there is a better idea, which is to build a very large frame out of one by 2's (extremely easy just make sure to get plans and make exact measurements because its easy to get mixed up once you start) and then stapling pool screen around it and placing a 30 dollar ficus tree inside it, problem solved

but i will admit the thought of a leashed chameleon is kind of rediculous, i'm just not going to jump all over you and be an ass, like people on this forum love to do

You are quick to be a hypocrite aren't you? Also contradicting yourself... Saying the thought of a leashed chameleon is "rediculous". You're rediculous...

You are quick to be a hypocrite aren't you? Also contradicting yourself... Saying the thought of a leashed chameleon is "ridiculous". You're ridiculous...
Its one thing to "attack" ones husbandry but another to "attack" the person themselves, he did ask and also stated he wouldn't do it again, you don't learn unless you try or ask someone who may or may not have tried it themselves... I by the way side with you on this subject fully... its just the way you answer the posts that could be changed a bit and still come across the same...and about Dank, he has his own way of rubbing people the wrong way. but its his way and we have to just leave it as that...:confused:

Ren, I'm here to receive and give advise. With some ideas and comments, I just can't hold back. Some people have some very absurd ideas and it drives me crazy that the chameleon is subjected to some of these things. I can't help it if I care more about the chameleon then I do for the owner.

Man ... everyone is so TOUCHY on this forum lately. I don't think I'd use a leash either and I like the large outside cage idea much better. But if somebody doesn't like somebody else's idea there's not need to get nasty or condescending. I don't think that disagreeing with someone is the problem but perhaps more how the tone of the repy seems to be. Everybody has different ideas and opinions about what is right and what is wrong. Some people here have a lot of experience and know that certain things won't work however other people come up with new and perhaps interesting and workable ideas.

Many times I have thought somebody elses suggestion or idea was insane but after I saw it I realized that it actually worked for their scenario. So why don't we all stop being so critical of one another, voice our opinion or suggestion and leave it at that. We can't make anybody else do what we think is right ... we can just give our suggestions and hope they listen.

Personally I'm much more apt to follow somebody else's suggestion if that's what it is ... a suggestion from their experience. If they're going to tallk down to me I'll likely think that they're full of themselves and won't follow their suggestions. I've heard many different ways of overcoming the same problem from varying experienced reptile keepers / breeders.

It's the weekend man .... let's all relax and have a beer or two!! :)

Dyesub Dave. :D

I also think a leash is a silly idea and I don't know how could it work? If the chameleon goes too high you pull him down with the leash? I suppose he would easily injure himself, or get stuck on the trees...
I think after using a little common sense there wouldn't be need for this question, but it is also better to ask something before doing it.
Anyway, I am surprised how many answers this silly question got and so many other good posts remain unanswered or with a few answers...its just a shame or people just love more to talk about things like "how long will my chameleon spit" or "how do I name my cham" or stuff like that...
So, chameleon on a leash, its a no, no...use some common sense...its like keeping a bird on a leash or a snake, a dolphin...u name it...
F.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom