No, it doesn’t seem to be that and he also wouldn’t puff up either when he would make that hissing type sound.I am not personally familiar with this but I have seem the forums talking about "vibration". Does this ring like what your veiled is doing?
I haven't heard it when he was in his enclosure but I just heard it a few days ago and he did it like 2 times. ill be taking him to the vet within a week or two to figure out what's the problem.Hmm. It would be possible that he has an Respirstory infection. Have you ever heard it when he was in his enclosure?
This is out of my league--but I will tag some other members with more experience. I also will post a form for you to fill out. It's long but it's the best way to see what could be wrong and help. Welcome to the forums.
I haven't yet but within this week or next week he's for sure going to the vet to get a checkup and make sure he's treated of any illness.I just saw your last post--were you ever able to get him to a vet? If not, given the previous post and this one I would highly recommend you make an appointment. I am sure someone on here cam help find a reputable vet around you.
- Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
- Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
- Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
- Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
- Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
- Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
- History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
- Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
- Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
- Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
- Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
- Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
- Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
- Location - Where are you geographically located?
it was possibly that haha, he was sleeping on my window curtain and I had to wake him up to put him back into his enclosure since we have an inside cat.My guys occasionally huff at me when they dont get their way. Like when I bring them inside from outside. Its not a hiss, and their mouths are closed... but sort of like a “ugh” letting me know they are annoyed with my decision.