Chameleon eyes

kyreg

I am taking care of some chameleons and one is a 3month old panther and the others are male veileds. Also 3 months. And. They are not mine that are some one elses and I have told them a glass terrarium is not the proper one for them. But they are stubborn. But ok my problem. Is that every few seconds their eyes get this inflated bubble then leaves and goes to the other eyes. And then it stops and starts again. I read it maybe the r o water so I'm using filter tap water. But I don't know. The temps are perfect and so is humidty what could it be. Oh and they try to rub their eyes on the branches. Too. I'm really worried

Are they shedding? My cham will slightly pop his eye outwards and or scratch it against some vines when he's shedding around the eye area.

Otherwise, you'd probably want to post some pictures and fill out the survey of your husbandry and wait for a senior to help you out.

goodluck!

Are they shedding? My cham will slightly pop his eye outwards and or scratch it against some vines when he's shedding around the eye area.

Otherwise, you'd probably want to post some pictures and fill out the survey of your husbandry and wait for a senior to help you out.

goodluck!

No not sheding I thought that already

I am taking care of some chameleons and one is a 3month old panther and the others are male veileds. Also 3 months. And. They are not mine that are some one elses and I have told them a glass terrarium is not the proper one for them. But they are stubborn. But ok my problem. Is that every few seconds their eyes get this inflated bubble then leaves and goes to the other eyes. And then it stops and starts again. I read it maybe the r o water so I'm using filter tap water. But I don't know. The temps are perfect and so is humidty what could it be. Oh and they try to rub their eyes on the branches. Too. I'm really worried

Is this only happening when you are misting? What kind of lighting are you using?

Todd

Is this only happening when you are misting? What kind of lighting are you using?

Todd

Lights are Exo terra 5.0 repti glo 15watt. And heat are 50 watt daylight bulb. And it seems to get worse when I mist. I mean when I don't mist it looks like their eyes are too dry and when I do they get this balloon thing going on.

Is the 5.0 reptiglo a linear tube, or a coil style compact? When they bubble their eyes out while misting and rub their eyes on the branches that is just them cleaning their eyes out usually.

See ya,

Todd

Pictures?

Can you post some pictures of the eyes when they are not doing this so we can see what the appearance of the eyes is normally. Chameleons do have a "maintainance" routine of popping out and rotating their eyes during misting or showering. That in itself during a misting is not necessarily a problem. If your lighting is correct and their eyes appear normal when misting is not happening then I would assume that this activity is normal. That is why I am asking for pictures of their eyes when they are not being misted. Just to see what the overall health is.....

Is the 5.0 reptiglo a linear tube, or a coil style compact? When they bubble their eyes out while misting and rub their eyes on the branches that is just them cleaning their eyes out usually.

See ya,

Todd

It's a linear tube and if it was them cleaning their eyes. Would it last. Almost a week ?

Back
Top Bottom