Chameleon escaped, now this?

Syn

Avid Member
Well my veiled chameleon escaped through his hole again. (I guess the screen came off a bit..)

He ended up by the basking light.

Now there's something wrong with him.

He's drinking a TON of water, his tongue looked yellow,
he won't let me pick him up, and when he leaned over all of the water in his belly spilled out. (it looked kind of gooey, not as watery as it went in..)

I'm so worried right now.

Update: He's drinking like a fish! Maybe he was just dehydrated... a lot.. I feel terrible for not noticing the open gap for him to escape from.

I think he's asking where it ultimately exited the body.

My understanding:

The chameleon regurgitated the water out of his belly and it all exited through his mouth.

Am I right?

Oh, didn't read it that way, the water indeed exited the mouth. That would be extremely scary if it left through the stomach somehow, perhaps through the skin? Goodness..

that makes more sense, very confused and scared for your cham from what i first read. i supose he just flatted himself so much that it forced the water out from his stomach is what it sounds like, i hope.

Well my veiled chameleon escaped through his hole again. (I guess the screen came off a bit..)

Hence the bolded... so good you took care of that.. Id be lookin on ebay or reptiledirect or lllreptile and getting anew enclosure.

Hope all is okay. Throwing up isnt good but hopefully he just took too much in..

Whats your misting schedule like? :)

3-5 times a day, 1-2 minutes with a Mist'r Lizard. It's a handheld mister. Then I use it as a dripper when I'm not misting.

The cage we have now is fine - he just managed to push on the screen enough for the past 6 months that it finally came off enough for him to escape.

3-5 times a day, 1-2 minutes with a Mist'r Lizard. It's a handheld mister. Then I use it as a dripper when I'm not misting.

The cage we have now is fine - he just managed to push on the screen enough for the past 6 months that it finally came off enough for him to escape.

A question to ask yourself is "why does he want to escape". He should be content in his cage. A little self review of your setup would be a good idea. I sometimes search through people's pics looking for ideas on cage setups.

A question to ask yourself is "why does he want to escape".

kokmd.jpg

Corona? Its a Chameleon dude, not the Geico Gecko, that bum is always drunk , Chams have more style! I should've added A cigar Maybe? :)

Hey make sure it cant escape again Syn, you'll be just like, 'wrecked' if it escapes and gets eaten by garfeild or something eh?
What happened about the female you mentioned?

He just wanted to get closer to the light, he is a light hot even if it's too hot, been that way forever, I moved the light away because it got too hot and he was developing a burn and he's been mad ever since.

The female might be taken by someone on the forum.

Back
Top Bottom