Cham used to heat?

djfunkshowkid

Does anyone know if a chameleon can be used to a certain temperature? Since I've gotten Gary, he has been really dark and always hid out in a corner. I kept the temp around 75-80 even though the pet store which I got him from kept the whole tank around 90-95. This morning it was a bit chilly in my house, so I put a larger watt bulb in to raise them temp. The temp. raise a whole lot faster than anticipated....which it jumped to approx 90. Now Gary seems to be enjoying the higher temps. He is walking around the cage with his lil dance (rocking) and he is lighter shades of green/brown. Is it possible that while at the pet store Gary got used to the higher temps? Maybe this is the reason he has been so dark lately.

Does anyone know if a chameleon can be used to a certain temperature? Since I've gotten Gary, he has been really dark and always hid out in a corner. I kept the temp around 75-80 even though the pet store which I got him from kept the whole tank around 90-95. This morning it was a bit chilly in my house, so I put a larger watt bulb in to raise them temp. The temp. raise a whole lot faster than anticipated....which it jumped to approx 90. Now Gary seems to be enjoying the higher temps. He is walking around the cage with his lil dance (rocking) and he is lighter shades of green/brown. Is it possible that while at the pet store Gary got used to the higher temps? Maybe this is the reason he has been so dark lately.

Yes posibly he could of adapted to that heat, well if he likes it then keep using it LOL

Yeah, im just a bit weary...cuz I went from a 35W bulb, to a 150W. The 150W also apparently has more of a spectrum than regular bulbs as it is designed for plant growth. Having the temps so high just goes against everything that I have learned here. I will buy another thermometer just to make sure that hasn't been the problem the whole time.

Yeah, im just a bit weary...cuz I went from a 35W bulb, to a 150W. The 150W also apparently has more of a spectrum than regular bulbs as it is designed for plant growth. Having the temps so high just goes against everything that I have learned here. I will buy another thermometer just to make sure that hasn't been the problem the whole time.

ye, get a new one and try 60 watt, 80 wat and 100 watt untill you get the right temp, not to hot not to clod but the cham is happy!

Back
Top Bottom