Centipede?

Hollowhead

I was doin some work in my chameleon cage when i found what looks like a centipede in the bottom of the cage. its got a crap load of legs and is a brown color. it is only about a centimeter in length kinda like '''''''' anybody know how to look after this thing haha, just another thing to do

You sure it is not a millipede? These start out kind of popping up out of the blue and then all of a sudden they take over a whole cage. These guys eat decaying plant material but will move on to destroying every plant in the cage. If this is an infestation of them it could end up with the replacement of anything in the cage.

Could actually be a centipede of course. In which case I have no experience with them.

Is there a way that you can get us a picture? Its kinda fun playing "Guess the bug"

centipedes are generally larger and from what I know are poisonous. i would guess that is is a millipede from the description .

Millipedes have 2 pair of legs per body segment, while centipedes have 1 pair. Also, the legs of a centipede stick out from the body while the millipede's legs are more underneath it's body.

Oh yeah . . . the centipede has claws/pinchers which hurt a whole lot when it is your skin in them!

yea i dont no but if i were you i would get rid of it cause most of the stuff iv found in my cages has turned out to be bad for the animal or bad for you, i mean of course biting or stinging you

lemurs like centipedes because they are poisonous and make them trip. If you are going to try and raise it make sure you get the reptisun 5.0.

Back
Top Bottom