Carpet Chameleons

louwillie

I'm interested in getting something different from my veiled and panther, mainly smaller. So, the carpet chameleon came into my head. What is your opinion on them? Temperament? Thanks :)

All my carpet chameleons have been pretty timid..

Most available are wild caught and I have had no luck keeping wild caught carpets alive for more than a few months. I have some now that are Captive hatch and they have been doing pretty well.. now about 2 years old and going strong.

Carpets are smaller than panthers and veils. Their avrage life span is only about 3 years as apposed to veilds and panthers which is 5 to 8 years and sometimes longer

I'm not an expert at all but I've owned 3 veiled and this week I got a carpet and I love him! I was in the same boat as you. I wanted a chameleon but I wanted a smaller breed. I did my research and found the carpet. From what I hear, they are more timid than other species but my little guy still has an attitude so don't think every Carpet is relaxed! I know they require the same kinda care as a veiled and are a great starter Chameleon. I don't regret my decision at all!

Back
Top Bottom