cane fencing

veildowner

anyone used cane fencing used for gardens iin there cage?
i bought some the other day for my garden and ive got a goodbit spare and i got thinking about puting it in my panthers cage because he trys to climb the cage sides and eventualy he'll either get stuck or fall. the canes are about
5mm apart from each other so he could climb on that instead of climbiing the cage sides.

heres a pic of the cane fence

cane fence.jpg

I've used similar bamboo curtains.. worked great. I would suggest giving it a good wash before installing it though

Interesting idea, but unless you cup feed, feeders may be apt to hide between it, eat it, etc. Would it be mold-proof?

Interesting idea, but unless you cup feed, feeders may be apt to hide between it, eat it, etc. Would it be mold-proof?

my job im curently in i see alot of it in peoples gardens and never seen any thats gone moldy and if i do add it to the cage ill keep an eye on feeders hiding in it as i do free range most of my feeders

Original idea. I think it could really add to the aesthetic beauty of a cage. Since screen cages arent the nicest looking things. Would give the cage interior a tropical feel. Now you just need a nice palm tree. lol

Most plants have natural enzymes in them to kill bacteria and mold. It shouldn't be a problem, but like you said I would definitely watch out for it. If your cham decides to climb it, the connecting string may be rough on their feet since it will give a little.

You could also use it internally as some dividers or seclusion walls (especially near a female's egg laying bin).

I would really like to hear if it works well though!

so i had a go puting in the cane fencing and it looks quite good

Picture 011.jpg

sorry bout the pic quality had to use my old camera

i was gona put a shower curtain inbetween the mesh and the canes but i couldnt get it right so sacked it off lol but yea iive been checking the humidity and it has improved

Back
Top Bottom