Can I use this 1 bulb to replace both basking & UVB bulbs?

My understanding (and please correct me if I got this wrong) is that with using the UVI, you don't have to do the calculating or be concerned (too much) with the other stuff. If you're getting the recommended UVI (by the bulb mfrs. for different reptiles), you should be fine.

Perhaps not perfect, but it works well enough to keep them healthy.
Fingers crossed!

Super helpful thanks! Sounds like I just need to supplement with D3 on a normal schedule if I can't get the UVI past 1.7 without raising the basking branch heat to go over 88-90 degrees.
Since you have a solarmeter 6.5. Yes, the line of thinking is that if they are not at a 3 UVI at basking then you should continue to supplement with calcium with D3 two times a month in rotation with your multivitamin. Then the calcium without D3 is given at all other feedings.

Once you get him into his permanent home and are able to provide a UVI 3 at basking then you could stop the 2 times a month calcium with D3 and keep the rest of your supplements.

My understanding (and please correct me if I got this wrong) is that with using the UVI, you don't have to do the calculating or be concerned (too much) with the other stuff. If you're getting the recommended UVI (by the bulb mfrs. for different reptiles), you should be fine.

Perhaps not perfect, but it works well enough to keep them healthy.
It has only been proven that with a 3 UVI level at basking can you forgo supplementation of calcium with D3 only. This is ONLY recommended for those using a solarmeter 6.5 to double check their readings on a regular basis though.

Back
Top Bottom