Can a experienced breeder that has experience with hatchlings please dm me?!?!

Please post pictures of your baby enclosures and lights. Are they eating, drinking and pooping?
tempImageQUP9v3.png

Please post pictures of your baby enclosures and lights. Are they eating, drinking and pooping?
they where eating and pooping. i clean the cages every other day and there is still poop and the bugs are gone so i know some are at least eating. i had 2 clutches of ambilobes and over the last two weeks i have lost almost half of them. i also have two clutches of nosy falys that are around the same age and i lost one but she came out the egg kind of week so was not surprised when she didn't make it.

I know some people use cages but I don’t like them for babies. I can keep a closer eye on my babies and make sure they are ok, eating, drinking and so forth. I don’t feel I could take the best care of them in cages. You need to make sure they are pooping, eating and drinking. Keep them at 80 degrees and make sure the UVB lights aren’t strong, not new lights. Here’s my set ups. I have panther babies now. This was veiled babies from a year ago.

276EA96F-3340-465E-B742-BADABF52BA49.jpeg

45792D89-7BE9-4A3A-A5E0-F6C5967336D5.jpeg

I know some people use cages but I don’t like them for babies. I can keep a closer eye on my babies and make sure they are ok, eating, drinking and so forth. I don’t feel I could take the best care of them in cages. You need to make sure they are pooping, eating and drinking. Keep them at 80 degrees and make sure the UVB lights aren’t strong, not new lights. Here’s my set ups. I have panther babies now. This was veiled babies from a year ago.

View attachment 312178
View attachment 312179
thank you. i have tried tubs before. i have raised clutches successfully in both tubs and cages. ambient temp during the day is around 75-78 and in basking areas 80-85. i keep the humidity at 60-65 during the day and 80-85 at night with a temp drop. the usb is at 1.5

What is your supplement, feeding, and watering schedule? Good puzzle to solve. (y)

Just kidding when I say this--- Maybe because the cages are sideways?.

Sorry, my corny personality coming out..

I thought it might be bad crickets but it was one clutch and not the other. So no to that.

Were there any symptoms prior to death that you can think of? Are the lights or anything different from one set of cages to another?

What morph are the parents? How long did you have the female before the eggs were laid?

IMHO your basking temperatures are a little high for babies.

Is the clutch from retained sperm?

What morph are the parents? How long did you have the female before the eggs were laid?

IMHO your basking temperatures are a little high for babies.

Is the clutch from retained sperm?
both parents are ambilobes, the female was 2 years old. she was bred recently before the clutch but no way to really know if she used retained sperm or new sperm, no way to really know that. lights are all lifted off the screen. im kind of thinking it might be weak genetics not sure but i have faly babies the same age that are doing fine in the exact same set up and they are much harder to raise than ambilobes .

Where do you measure the temperature of the basking area...where they can sit closest to the light or where?

Are you losing some out of each clutch?
How did you incubate the two clutches? Both the same temperature? Number of days to hatchling?

Back
Top Bottom