Camo has Coccidia...and I will be changing exotic vets!

I did...even though I had JUST purchased several plants for her 2 days before. I just don't want to keep battling this because I didn't wash the plants well enough. It just makes sense that if you have to use such harsh chemicals to clean the cage that just washing a plant could possibly reinfect them. It might be fine, but I just didn't want to take chances.
Exactly! I'd rather throw $100 down the drain than have my chameleon get sick again. Another vet visit+cleaning again+cost of medication+administration of the drugs+not to mention how hard it's gotta be on our poor little Chams.

Ponazuril finally came in the mail today. Finally getting the hang of siringe feeding, but I’m hoping that I won’t have do do it much longer! I think I put a little bruise on the tip of her nose before I got the hang of it. Hopefully it will go away soon.
no worries veileds are like little tanks, almost indestructible I bet camo will bounce back in no time best wishes and keep us posted

Hey hun how is Camo doing? How are you doing? Just wanted to check in :)
Still not eating or drinking at all on her own but her Urates are still white...small but white. I think the showers and water mixed with the formula for syringe feeding and extended misting sessions are doing the trick. I also added a humidifier by her cage at night. She’s still active so that’s a good sign. As for me, I’m still worried sick, but that’s just me. Every time I have a sick or injured pet (of any species) I become totally consumed with worry until they are well again:wideyed:

Last edited:
It will be ok she is strong and active. Your doing a great job. I think it is totally natural to worry and be freaked out by something like this. I know I freak about every little thing with my guy. We are here if you need us :)

Well that was a read, I made up character voices for all of you.. @jannb is the goat, her charms look great, some of the best on this forum. Your veiled is tough, all veileds are tough, the fact that you care enough to do so much research shows she’s in good hands, i wouldn’t bash the vet so much, please remember that we are all just keepers, some more experienced than others, but your vet does have the most profesional experience. Not all vets are the same and not all vets take the same route to treat your animal, it is always a good idea to look for an expirienced vet . Hope all goes well with your Cham. We’ve all been there.
Personally I would just buy a new cage. Not a big deal. Couple bucks for the cage and some plants,some free branches from your local forest preserve and you save a bunch of time. Owning a living thing Ike a Cham, is never cheap! good luck!!!

Update: Camo is doing much better. She is almost eating and drinking normally again. She starts her second set of treatment next Monday.
I do apologize if I came off as rude talking about my former vet. Yes, I did contact a different vet who will be doing her fecal in 3 weeks. It was just such a terrible & unprofessional experience. I kept most of the alarming things about the office and staff to myself because I wanted to focus on Camo getting better, but I was (and still am) extremely bothered by the entire experience. I shouldn’t have to tell my children they can’t come in this time due to the amount of curse words the vet was yelling to the receptionist about a customer on hold (on the phone). I literally had to cover my 5 year olds ears! I will keep the rest to my self because it doesn’t pertain to this post but felt I had to explain that is was absolutely not only about the chosen course of treatment and the quality of advice. It just wasn’t a good fit for my pet or my family. I will refrain from talking about it in the future.

Update: Camo is doing much better. She is almost eating and drinking normally again. She starts her second set of treatment next Monday.
I do apologize if I came off as rude talking about my former vet. Yes, I did contact a different vet who will be doing her fecal in 3 weeks. It was just such a terrible & unprofessional experience. I kept most of the alarming things about the office and staff to myself because I wanted to focus on Camo getting better, but I was (and still am) extremely bothered by the entire experience. I shouldn’t have to tell my children they can’t come in this time due to the amount of curse words the vet was yelling to the receptionist about a customer on hold (on the phone). I literally had to cover my 5 year olds ears! I will keep the rest to my self because it doesn’t pertain to this post but felt I had to explain that is was absolutely not only about the chosen course of treatment and the quality of advice. It just wasn’t a good fit for my pet or my family. I will refrain from talking about it in the future.
Oh I am soooooo happy to hear she is doing better and that you found a vet that is more professional. I totally understand your frustration. Keep us updated on your sweet girl!

nice job of finding a new vet asap, I'm so glad Camo is feeling better!! give her an extra treat if she'll take it for me please? I'm sure she'll bounce back in no time!

I'm glad Camo's starting to feel better - coccidia is no joke! You're a rockstar <3

As someone who works in the veterinary industry myself, it's never okay to be unprofessional in front of clients (as hard as that is sometimes!). That's what the lunchroom's for. ;) I'm happy to hear that you've found a better fit! It took me years to find someone I was comfortable bringing my Monty bird to.

Funny story...I teach 7th grade. These 13 year old balls of hormones all have spring fever right now. I successfully stopped myself from cussing 573 times before 9 am this morning, lol! One of them even knocked my coffee cup out of my hand doing a Fortnight danceo_OIf I can keep my language clean at work anyone can! Lol, gotta laugh so I don’t cry sometimes!

Funny story...I teach 7th grade. These 13 year old balls of hormones all have spring fever right now. I successfully stopped myself from cussing 573 times before 9 am this morning, lol! One of them even knocked my coffee cup out of my hand doing a Fortnight danceo_OIf I can keep my language clean at work anyone can! Lol, gotta laugh so I don’t cry sometimes!
Oh sweet lord. Bless you for all you do and endure. I could not even imagine that many kids of that age. I have enough trouble with the 1 I have :p

I feel your pain. I worked in a day care and would have 20 screaming 5 years olds. I was great full for my 2 hour lunch

Back
Top Bottom