Calling All Bioactive Experts! (If You Not Your Still Welcome!)

Pardon the dead pothos... I can never keep them happy!!

My pothos is dying also. I don't know what's the deal with it. I can't tell if its getting too much water, not enough water, or just not enough light. The wandering jew right next to it is growing out of control. But the pothos leaves are turning yellow then brown/dead.

My pothos is dying also. I don't know what's the deal with it. I can't tell if its getting too much water, not enough water, or just not enough light. The wandering jew right next to it is growing out of control. But the pothos leaves are turning yellow then brown/dead.

I have a few varieties, but out of all of my plants, I struggle the most with Pothos... which is comical as they are supposed to be so easy to grow! lol

The pothos in Codas set up right now is green but it base the grown in months

What are some vertical growing plants that yall use? I have a pothos and planning to get 2 wandering jews to hang from the sides, but I need some tree-like plants for the center.

My best growing pothos is the one from Lola's build. Biggest difference between that setup and my others is all the water that one gets.

so they need a lot of water? I feel like mine is being sprayed for 5 minutes total. 2:30 in the morning and 2:30 in the evening. But the leaves do block some of the water from getting to the soil.

so they need a lot of water? I feel like mine is being sprayed for 5 minutes total. 2:30 in the morning and 2:30 in the evening. But the leaves do block some of the water from getting to the soil.

Give it some more water and see what happens :) . Lola's is the one with the 3 drip/ rain lines plus two mist nozzles and it grows out of control. The rest of mine are under misters only and are very slow growers. Lighting is the same across the board for the cages that have them making water the only variation between them.

As a side note, when I used them as a nutrient reducer in my fish tanks (bare roots dangling in a h.o.b. filter) they grew like crazy with less light then our cages have generally speaking.

Thanks, this is why I'm making the drip line in my enclosure as well. I'm thinking the pothos leaves are blocking to much of the mist water from getting to the roots/soil.

Oddly Pothos don't really like a lot of watering, I placed mine so that the mister does not hit the pot it is in and then I just water it by hand once ever couple of weeks or so, mine are growing like mad!!

Thanks, this is why I'm making the drip line in my enclosure as well. I'm thinking the pothos leaves are blocking to much of the mist water from getting to the roots/soil.

They say to just keep the soil "moist" not saturated for pothos. But, from what I've experienced, between the bare root plants in filters and the cages, they do pretty good when saturated too.

IMG_0731 (1).jpg
Here's mine! I LOVE the bioactive set up. Only problem I seem to have is cleaning poop off the leaves since there are SO many LOL

Back
Top Bottom