Calais just ate a stink bug =p

The stink bugs I've used feed on cabbage/mustard greens and wild relatives. They were fine but some chameleons wouldnt eat them. :) as long as they dont feed on anything toxic I dont think it will be an issue.

The stink bugs I've used feed on cabbage/mustard greens and wild relatives. They were fine but some chameleons wouldnt eat them. :) as long as they dont feed on anything toxic I dont think it will be an issue.

It's been in my house so it should be fine, it was in the window trying to get out and Calais saw it before I could remove it :rolleyes: It STUNK!

I think I found one of these trapped in a web outside the other day. I could smell this smell all the time, kinda like part cooked meat (hard to describe) but gross and couldn't get the smell off my fingers! Ewww! I bet they taste bad!

I think I found one of these trapped in a web outside the other day. I could smell this smell all the time, kinda like part cooked meat (hard to describe) but gross and couldn't get the smell off my fingers! Ewww! I bet they taste bad!

I don't know I smell another HAHA and I can't find Calais, guessing he went after it. Can't taste that bad I guess.

I didn't know we got them in the UK! I'm gonna look em up now :)

I didn't know we got them in the UK! I'm gonna look em up now :)

You've got me thinking now! I thought it was what I found cos it smelled so bad! Might not be the same thing though, lol! Edit - I just looked them up too and they are more commonly known as shield bugs in the UK. They still stink though!

according to wikepedia, they're smelly shield bugs. I've never smelled a shield bug tho lol
You don't need to get close to smell them! The one I found was trapped in a spiders web trying to get free. I didn't realise and tried to free it in a cup but I could smell this awful smell at the same time. I didn't think much of it until I realised the smell was on my finger! Ugh! Even after washing with soap I could still smell it!

They only smell when you smoosh them :eek: It's disgusting. They are brown, not the green ones.
Yeah, the one I found was kind of orange/brown. I've also seen green ones too, but I won't be touching them again, lol!

Back
Top Bottom