Cage Setups Tweeked and Herpmist Added.

JoshCrane1

Hey you all, Just finished tweeking a few things in Turk and Kamilas' cages, including drip vines, bamboo divider,and new plants.
also installed the herpmist big enchilada system and i love it so far. little Turk ran over to it when i first started it up, he loves it even though the water is cold. Kamila had mixed emotions.:eek:

what you think?

Last edited:
Looks good!

What is that black thing you used to split the dripper to the 2 cages?

I want one of those!

2 gang air line splitter from petco. just got tired of filling 2 drippers and the adjustment knobs are way better than the crap little dripper one.

you have a good point, once i am sure the chamys are getting all of their water from the misting system i will remove the drippers. but i trained both the chamys to drink from the drippers young, and the dripper water is distilled, and i am paranoid.lol . i might remove them soon, but the vine dripping effect is soooo mesmerizing for me and im sure the chamys too.lol

Sounds like a good Idea, ease them into the change... Guess you can never be to careful...Another question... What are the dims on that big wood custom looking cage???... That thing is nice looking...I am wondering how good of a Mist Coverage you are getting with one Nozzle in the big cage. I have 4x2x2 alum cages, and I am shoppping for a mister,I am trying to figure out if I would need 1 or 2 nozzles per cage to get good coverage.

Edit: Me and Mika are on the same thought train... Same question at the same time!

Hey you all, Just finished tweeking a few things in Turk and Kamilas' cages, including drip vines, bamboo divider,and new plants.
also installed the herpmist big enchilada system and i love it so far. little Turk ran over to it when i first started it up, he loves it even though the water is cold. Kamila had mixed emotions.:eek:

what you think?

Hey quick question.... how often do you have to fill your reservoir?? and do you only have 2 nozzles. My reservoir is about the same size but I am running 30 nozzles. I have to fill the damn thing everyday! I think I need a bigger res...

You should hook up a water line to the tank and add one of those toilet bowl float valves. If you go to Home Depot they sell a nice 1/4" fitting with a little float arm. You can adjust the arm however you want. I think I might work on setting up one of those for my tank.

Do you think one nozzle is good enough per cage?
yes
Sounds like a good Idea, ease them into the change... Guess you can never be to careful...Another question... What are the dims on that big wood custom looking cage???... That thing is nice looking...I am wondering how good of a Mist Coverage you are getting with one Nozzle in the big cage. I have 4x2x2 alum cages, and I am shoppping for a mister,I am trying to figure out if I would need 1 or 2 nozzles per cage to get good coverage.

Edit: Me and Mika are on the same thought train... Same question at the same time!
the 4x2x2 gets perfect coverage with the 80 degree, as long as your plants arent touching the top blocking the mist from traveling across cage, its really cool, instead of the mist just falling, the high pressure makes the mist float or whisp across the cage across the cage, covered more area than expected, and very fine mist. i think another nozzle on the 4x2x2 would be excessive and without proper drainage or using a short duration timer would cause some flooding problems IMO. one nozzle is great. on the big cage, i could do another without being too excessive, but one suits my indoor needs well.

I like the setups, but I am not so hot on the MV lighting.

Overall it looks good!
have you tried it? i have been using mv for a few years and ive had no negative effects. right now if you notice im using both, to better compare that with the recommended linear bulbs. IMO so far im not sold that the 5.0's are far superior, because both my chamys IMO prefer the mv's.
Hey quick question.... how often do you have to fill your reservoir?? and do you only have 2 nozzles. My reservoir is about the same size but I am running 30 nozzles. I have to fill the damn thing everyday! I think I need a bigger res...
i dont know yet, just installed it today, but 30 nozzles is a lot, i would be looking into bait livewells.lol

:cool:IM really surprised on how much water isnt used, two nozzles running for 1min only uses about 4oz of water. at this rate the resevoir would last a month before refills.

Back
Top Bottom