Bug burger

Rorshach

Hey guys

Just recently bought repashys bug burger, it has been something I have been eyeballing for a while to make gut loading much easier for me and I have just tried making my first batch and I'm not sure if I have done it right/got the consistency right.

I generally tried following the instructions but ended up cooking it a couple of minutes longer and I used a 3/4 cup of water, 1/4 cup bug burger and just over 1/2 of table spoon of dino fuel raptor edition.

Suggestions and comments for improvement appreciated

image-11.jpg

image-10.jpg

I don't know but my crickets don't seem to like the gel, so I sprinkle a pile in on a plate and some over the food and they go crazy for it!

That's how mine looks when i make it also. i've learnt to make it as soft (liquify) as possible as it tends to drying out really quickly when you have it at the consistency you have it in the pic.

I definitely agree with Carol, it's better to just feed the powder (in addition to some fresh veggies and greens)

I definitely agree with Carol, it's better to just feed the powder (in addition to some fresh veggies and greens)

I don't know if it is right or wrong but what's the difference if you cook it or serve it dry like Cricket Crack??? I just find they don't seem to go for the gel so much.

Thanks. Ever since on here, and I spend a fair bit of time checking things out on here, I have been looking at ways to better things. I try to do things the best I possibly can, as I'm sure most of you do as well.

The best way to keep it from drying out is to put it in a container so it is deep, rather than shallow. You want a square block, rather than a flat sheet. This way you minimize the exposure to air. It is better to put a few large blocks in than to cut it up into little pieces for the same reason.

Cheers, Allen

I actually just started using the bug burger as well as 1-2 fresh pieces of fruit instead of the crud I had been using (flukers dry cricket food) and I have to say the crickets are staying in really good shape, no dead loss at all. I was always losing some and didn't know any better until reading more on this site!

The Bug Burger is great! Just like Allen said thicker is better. I use a 32 oz deli cup and make enough finished product to fill it up about half way then toss it in the fridge. When it is done cooling its super easy to cut into chunks and fed off. My Dubia love it like that but I feed it to my crickets in powder form and they prefer it that way. If you keep Supers for an extended amout of time I would toss some powder into the bedding as well. I have noticed my Supers look much better after i started adding it to the bedding.

Yeah, I hear the mixture makes crickets go insane over it. As if they do not already like the BB and Dinofuel anyway.

Never tried Dinofuel, but I do use Repashy Superload to dust fresh greens
and a side order of Bug Burger :)

Jusr gotta make the greens wet so the powder can stick, cricks love the stuff,
and so do the dubia roaches.

I got some today and sprinkled it on the top of the flukers feed, and also a bit on the greens I put in this am. I checked on them earlier and it looks like the crickets cleaned it off the greens and I also made a small batch of the cooked as well. How does this work with hornwoms and is there a larger container than 3 oz?

Would the cooked bug burger work for hornworm food as well, since it looks like the stuff that they come with? I would imagine it would be better since it is a gutload as well.

The hornworms would probably eat it, but they most likely will not thrive or grow on it. It would be fine to gutload them with before you feed them off, but not to use to grow them.

Back
Top Bottom