BSFL eat everything

They dont eat the exoskeleton. They eat them from the inside! They just dod the same to a superworm left in the feeder.
And the superworm shed it’s skin so I see a horned worm eaten from the inside out with 3 BSFL inside it’s head and a pure white superworm was such a gruesome scene 😂

yeah I figured the exoskeleton is why they didn’t touch the roaches or superworms. But that horned worm had a bad night I’ll tell ya that lol. I had to pick 3 of em out its head from its hollow body. Was so gross haha
Sad Jim Carrey GIF

In the end they will eat when they get hungry enough. I don’t know why I’m worrying. No one is skinny in this house!
My Veiled went on a 19 day hunger strike. He was eating Money Tree and Pothos leaves. I'm sure that helped him last 19 days. He was addicted to superworms. Since feeding grasshoppers, he won't touch superworms. He even stopped eating hornworms for several months. Now, I give him 1 hornworm before I feed him 1 grasshopper and 1 cricket. He only eats grasshoppers and hornworms with an occasional cricket. I've tried every feeder mentioned and he will turn his back to those feeders.

Wait, does everyone put their food in the night before!? I personally feed Spike every morning before he wakes up in the morning(but after his last misting). I do this because if I leave bugs in overnight, they'll get misted, which means the BSFL will just climb out of the dish and get all over. And the crickets will get their dusting washed off.

I am feeding BSFL, crickets, and silkworms. I use the window feeder for the crickets, and a dish for the BSFL and silkworms together. I haven't experienced any of these bugs eating other. So if it's possible, maybe feeding in the morning could be a solution for you for this?

I kinda wish there was a way for me to feed him at night so I had less to do in the morning before work :unsure::LOL:
I feed Bolt every morning. I don't leave feeder bugs in after lights out. I dont want something to get out of the feeder run and bite him.

It looks like Frams is out of stock. Coastal has small silkworms. How fast would you say they grow in that cup? Looks like a similar setup to hornworms
I spoke to frams and they added the small silk worms right away when I used the online chat support. Seems like a hood company. And much cheaper, think I spent like $15 on 10 silkworms on another site. Just got 50 for $16 from frams.

Anyone ever order on Amazon? There’s different companies selling bugs on there. Doubt they’re kept as well as other places just wondering though

Anyone ever order on Amazon? There’s different companies selling bugs on there. Doubt they’re kept as well as other places just wondering though
I did order silkworms on there from a company that IIRC is reputable. I want to say it may have been Oregon Silks or something??? I forget. But it was expensive.

I've been strictly getting them from Frams lately. Their price seems the best to me and I like giving them my business because that's where Spike came from and they're awesome over there. Very, very nice people.

***edit: I just checked my amazon. I ordered from coastal silks and oregon silks. The shipping is outrageous for coastal. Oregon I think I remember the quality suffering, likely due to where they shipped from IMO. It wasn't terrible, but I do remember there being an issue with at least some of the worms. You're also not getting as many.

I did order silkworms on there from a company that IIRC is reputable. I want to say it may have been Oregon Silks or something??? I forget. But it was expensive.

I've been strictly getting them from Frams lately. Their price seems the best to me and I like giving them my business because that's where Spike came from and they're awesome over there. Very, very nice people.
Yeah I spoke to them was a nice person. I meant more about BSFL and Dubias on Amazon. Frams seems the best deal anyways for silks I just ordered from them the other day will be here tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom