Brown Veiled

Chameleon Loco

I just moved up my 8-9 month old veiled to a 24x24x48 cage and he looked very brown today some members said that it could be that he is going though a phase which I hope he is . I moved him to his new cage about a week ago do you guys think he is still adjusting?

brown isn't really a BAD color... but sometimes it is not a happy color.

He is most likely just not sure of himself in his new cage. everything is moved around and not how he remembers his other cage. Give him a week or two before he establishes the new cage as his own. One of my veileds was pretty shy and pissy for the first three weeks in his new cage.

Have you checked the temperature gradient in the new big enclosure?
What temperature is the hottest point in his basking spot ... what is the coolest temp near the bottom?
Can he warm up adequately?
Has he found the spot? Is he basking?

-Brad

Yes he is basking every day and I have never seen him on the floor of his cage oh and when he sleeps he shows amazing colors

Have you checked the temperature gradient in the new big enclosure?
What temperature is the hottest point in his basking spot ... what is the coolest temp near the bottom?
Can he warm up adequately?
Has he found the spot? Is he basking?

-Brad

do you mind sharing what you recommend as a good temp gradient and level of humidity for baby-sub adult veiled chams

i have a gradient from 102-75 F in an 18x18x20 cage and my humidity is around 55%

Baby basking temp should be around 80-83. Ambient temp around 70-75.

55% is good when dry, should spike to 80-90+ after misting and stay around 60-70 for an hour or two after misting.

Back
Top Bottom