Bradypodion transvaalense neonates

Chris Anderson

Dr. House of Chameleons
In a previous thread where I had posted photos of my group of Wolkberg Dwarf Chameleons, Bradypodion transvaalense, (https://www.chameleonforums.com/bradypodion-transvaalense-wolkberg-dwarf-28581/) a few of us made bets speculating when my females would have babies. Well, I'm pleased to say that this morning one of my two females had babies. I have found 19 babies so far. They are ridiculously tiny and there still may be a couple in the female's enclosure that I've yet to see.

Here is a pic of the female taken today after she dropped the clutch:
3938723248_bb2f9cd655_o.jpg

Here are a couple pics of the babies:
3937946973_c6c480602f_o.jpg

3938723120_92077d66b8_o.jpg

Here is a pic of the other female which I believe is still gravid (fingers crossed):
3937947359_174bffcbd7_o.jpg

Hope you all enjoy the pics. I'll keep everyone updated with how they do!

Chris

Wow, congrats Chris! It's great that you'll have two CH bloodlines if the other female lays as well. Either way, good luck with them!

Congratulations buddy! Tiny is understatement. How much do I owe to make good on that bet? I'm still thinking mine has a few weeks at least but we'll see. With the size of those neonates she maybe ready to go. Fun stuff!

Luis

Thanks guys, glad you liked the pics. I'm going to do my best with them and like you mentioned, hopefully I'll have unrelated clutches.

Luis - I'll call it even on the bet as long as we can trade some babies when your female drops.

Chris

Congrats on the new babies. So adorable and so tiny. Mom looks great and your other female too. She does have a fat little belly......looks like more babies soon. Thanks for sharig with us.

Hi Chris,

this is great news, reakky a very good start for building the colony in the states.
I hope some more people are fortunate enough to have a litter so you can create different bloodlines.

Good luck with raising them, I think it won't be a problem.
Just one tip: feed a lot of fruitflies they rally love it!

Steven

This makes me so jealouse!
2 days ago my very gravid female pumilum died!
I cut her open to see how far along the babies were.

And they were fully developed about a month away from being dropped!
Only gravid female I had:(
Now I want a new one!

Oh well better luck with the melancephalum and thamnobates when I get them

Hi Chris,

this is great news, reakky a very good start for building the colony in the states.
I hope some more people are fortunate enough to have a litter so you can create different bloodlines.

Good luck with raising them, I think it won't be a problem.
Just one tip: feed a lot of fruitflies they rally love it!

Steven

Steven - Thanks for the comments. In your experience, how difficult are Bradypodion neonates to raise compared to T. hoehnelii?

congratulation 19 babies it s lot for a little species

Indeed! Based on the published reports I had seen, this species was known to have clutches of 7-17 neonates.

This makes me so jealouse!
2 days ago my very gravid female pumilum died!
I cut her open to see how far along the babies were.

And they were fully developed about a month away from being dropped!
Only gravid female I had:(
Now I want a new one!

Oh well better luck with the melancephalum and thamnobates when I get them

Sorry to hear about your female pumilum. That is a species I'd very much like to work with as well. You'll have to let me know if you're able to successfully breed them some time.

Thanks for the comments, everyone!

Chris

Chris, I hope you will post a note when and if you decide to find new homes for these little guys. I am so used to the humongous vieled babies, I would love to try something new. Since we are fairly close, it would be a pick up.

Back
Top Bottom