Bottom of the cages are too bare!

Mr Wilson

Our two cages that are 18x18x36 are fine, but it's our 2x2x4 cages that are just way too bare now. We have a schefflera in each one and they use to be full and beautiful, now the bottoms are just too bare. We really want to fill them in quite a bit. Any suggestions on filling them in? We prefer to not hang things from the tops of the cages. Fake plants are fine, we really just want to add in some extra coverage. Also, places to buy them online would be awesome as well! I've checked out the sponsors but haven't really seen anything I really liked, and haven't really seen many live plants either.

Also, anyone have a suggestion on where to find a 48 inch linear light fixture that fits a 36 inch bulb? The one we have only lasted 3 months (we have 2, one is not working now) and the company will not give us a refund. Thanks in advance.

do you have some vertical branches that reach the cage floor to take up room? When you say bare are you talking about covering the floor with something? If so, just leave it bare, it is more sanitary then covering it with something. Also, you can hang some fake vines off the branches that will hang down to the cage floor to take up some of the emptiness.

I thought the same of mine so I got a small dracaena to fill in the bare spot in front of my main plant and I like it. its a farily hardy plant as mine has been through drought and floods, been pooped on and cleaned lots and is still lookin pretty good.

I hang fake plants from the pots of the plants, so it doesn't look too empty. And so I don't have to see the plastic from the pots, especially in the front view. I will try and take a picture later. I think it looks more natural that way, even if they are fake plants.

I use these fake ficus plant. I just stick the stick thing thats on the back inside the dirt so it doesn't fall, and just hang it.

http://www.bigalsonline.com/edealin...medium=Comparison+Shopping&CAWELAID=520697726

ghetto mike where u get that plant from

I think my mom gave it to me and that it was out of a plant gift basket that she recieved lol. I have seen them at different nurseries/grocery stores/home stores (Canadian Tire/home depot) basically anywhere that has a half decent selection of tropical plants.

We leave the actual floor bare, like you said. I just meant foliage wise it was so empty! All the leaves towards the bottom of the schefflera have fallen off, so the top if full but the bottom not so much. We found a second schefflera today at Lowes and added that in to fill in and it looks pretty good. We've also got plenty of vines all around for the chams to walk around on, along with a parrot ladder across the top for basking, which the chams LOVE! I was hoping to find some sort of foliage that was a different texture or color. I love when it doesn't all look the same, you know?

Back
Top Bottom