Blu is digging a lot

They could do an X-ray.
Although she's a lot thinner since she laid the eggs she still looks a little big plump...so it's hard to be sure.

I got the horn worms, but these things are huge, is she able to eat these? I got the smallest ones

20220111_180958.jpg
20220111_180952.jpg

Blu had been doing great, acting just like herself, eating, and drinking. But by the time I got home tonight she looked like this, I lost a cham before her and I want to make sure I'm not overreacting or anything. She's oddly calm and her eyes look like this. I'm absolutely terrified to lose her.
20220112_214653.jpg

I wasn't able to get hornworms any smaller so I held off on those and made sure she was drinking enough.

Her stool is kind of watery as well. I could be completely overreacting, but with my last one I waited too long.

Blu had been doing great, acting just like herself, eating, and drinking. But by the time I got home tonight she looked like this, I lost a cham before her and I want to make sure I'm not overreacting or anything. She's oddly calm and her eyes look like this. I'm absolutely terrified to lose her.View attachment 318202
Her eyes look sunken, but that could be from the stress of laying. Keep an eye on her, if it doesn’t clear up soon get help.

I was planning on calling the vet in the morning anyway just to make sure she was healthy. Is there anything else I should be doing?

When I get her out she normally puffs up and opens her mouth, this time when I got her out she didn't even bat an eye.

Where I live we don't have many exotic vets, but I did manage to find one, it's a bit of a drive (30-45 mins) I got her in for an appt as soon as school gets over (3:30) it's 41° F today, will she be ok for that long in the car? Should I keep her warm? In the summer she does go places with me, so she doesn't mind that part of it.

I'd give her some heat. You can either keep the car warm of use a hot water bottle...but make sure that she can't get burned by what you're using. It shouldn't be under the container where she will stand on it...or where she can lean against it.

They gave us some critical care, .5 ml a day. She's pale in her mouth now as well. He didn't do an xray, but he felt her stomach and said she wasn't eggbound. He looked at my husbandry, and I told him everything g I was going to change. He said my supplements were good and I'm doing great, but I don't understand why she is still so sick then...

Back
Top Bottom