Blu is digging a lot

Ok, last question
Don’t Disturb her
, I was talking to the store I got her from, and they said that means that she was housed with males at the store, I've only had her for 7 months, is there any chance she could be fertile?

They can have eggs as early as 4 months without being around a male. But won't be fertile
Yeah, but this is the 1st time for her and she had been around males before we got her, I just want to make sure I'm not gonna have baby chams running around

Female veiled chameleons retain sperm and may produce a second clutch 90 to 120 days after oviposition, even if not mated again.

So if you had her for seven months then I would say no she is not fertile. Story for confusing you. I didn't see that you had her seven months.

It's honestly irrelevant if their fertile or not... Females will pass eggs unfertilized so it's DETEREMNTAL you take the proper steps to get your girl to pass those! Also waterfalls are not recommended for any chameleons as it's a breeding ground for bacteria, even WITH regular cleaning, also can pose a drowning risk. Also I would switch your feeder to one of the recommended feeders from the attachment. Mealworms hold VERY little nutrition and are hard exoskeleton makes them hard to digest.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220109-172358.jpg
    Screenshot_20220109-172358.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 35
It's honestly irrelevant if their fertile or not... Females will pass eggs unfertilized so it's DETEREMNTAL you take the proper steps to get your girl to pass those! Also waterfalls are not recommended for any chameleons as it's a breeding ground for bacteria, even WITH regular cleaning, also can pose a drowning risk. Also I would switch your feeder to one of the recommended feeders from the attachment. Mealworms hold VERY little nutrition and are hard exoskeleton makes them hard to digest.
She mainly get crickets, but bc I didn't want crickets running around disturbing her, she actually seems to prefer the mealworms over others, her waterfall is cleaned 2 times a week and has a built in filter, it's also attached to the side so it's not disturbing her bin, it also has a sponge that gets changed out so she won't drown, if any of this isn't ok please do let me know bc I don't want anything to happen to her. She wouldn't drink out of her dripper or off leaves but she loves her waterfall.

Back
Top Bottom