Bloodlines etc?

Oski

Hi all,

I have been reading about chameleons and about diffeernt bloodlines affecting colour and pattern, so say you may have a veiled, but one is an sunburst but another from another breed could be transulant, i saw this, shows you different colours in panthers and veileds.

http://www.flchams.com/breeder_chameleons.asp

Quite interesting,

Say for what i have, i thinks its a female, but its a young veiled, would it possible to know what colours they will turn out when mature?

And Say for example are all baby veilds green with like the orange bits around the head?

The parents are only a slight indication of what they will look like. In veileds it doesn't matter if the father is a sunburst and the mom is high orange, you may get a turquoise and brown fella(unless of course the parents have consitently produced babies of a certain color/pattern, then you may have a more acurate idea of the babies color potential.) It's more of a wait and see type of thing. However if they (the parents) are translucent the the babies will carry to same trait depending on how the parents carry the gene. The translucent-ness is completely different than the patterning/colors you will see so it's hard to say.

Thanks for reply, so she could turn out any sort of colour pattern, i did not know there were so many different colours shades some of them are amazing, i would love a male too, but i think one is enough for my first time at keeping them,:)

Thanks for reply, so she could turn out any sort of colour pattern, i did not know there were so many different colours shades some of them are amazing, i would love a male too, but i think one is enough for my first time at keeping them,:)

If you get into raising eggs. you could keep a male yourself ;)

She will probably be a uniform green with gold/yellow/mustard colored spots. Males can be more colorful but cannot become all of the colors that panthers have. Males are generally dark green, light green, light blue, turquoise, yellow, orange, and brown. They can be any combination of these colors but more commonly have yellow or brown stripes with a green color on the body.

yeah Pssh's description is right on ....however the differnt "locals" of panthers cant switch colors....say you have a true nosey be panther, its not going to be yellow ....its stricktly going to be different shades of blue....ambanja and ambiliobe are the more rianbow variety ....displaying alot of different colors. sames goes for pink panthers....they will show pink and red....but not any blue. catch meh drift?:)...also you can sex vields by seeing if there is a little bump or "spur" on the back of there feet...inbetween the join of the foot....if there is a spur its male.

Back
Top Bottom