Blood while breeding

CHAMKINGZ

We recently bred 2 adult Ambanjas and they were locked on to one another for an hour. We came back to find blood coming out of the vent. I don't know if it was from the male or the female. What does that mean any info would be very helpful.

Second time for our 1yr old female and first time for our 6 month old male.I think the male might have been to young,but is very big and colorful for his age..

The male is too young, I don't know if that has anything to do with the blood or not. I have had a fair number of chameleons mate and never have I seen any blood.

Bleeding is not normal and I would recommend a vet check up for both of them to see what the problem is. Where do you live? Be sure to use a chameleon vet.

I would take the female to a vet.
My female panther was bred, and there was bright red blood dripping from them and onto the plants during/after mating. We thought it was the male, but he appeared to be fine. The female acted normal, like a gravid panther, changing to gravid coloration, getting bigger, eating ok. The female died from an infection that was thought to have been started from this mating and if she had been put on antibiotics right away it might not have progressed to the point of death. Of course she showed no signs of illness until the morning of her death.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/death-female-panther-warning-necropsy-photo-18634/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom