I'm first time attend to breed veiled chameleon.appreaciate for your answer.

lee jian heng

IMG_20230709_181438 (1).jpg
the male has hold and grab from back of the female,but just around 5 minute then they separat.After a while,they mate again ,also not too long and separate again .Then I go away and do my stuff.
When I come back after 3 hour.The female display this coloration.
what this color is indicate ?
Indicate mating is done?female start to reject the male ?but they just had mate behavior short time,I thought the mating process would last 1 hour ,am I wrong?is 5 minute with couple of time is enough?
Thanks everyone for yours answer.

Hi. I’ve never mated any of mine, so have no firsthand knowledge. However, maybe in the time that you were gone they mated again. The girl’s coloring says she’s gravid to me. If she’s now rejecting him, it’s time to separate them.

Hi. I’ve never mated any of mine, so have no firsthand knowledge. However, maybe in the time that you were gone they mated again. The girl’s coloring says she’s gravid to me. If she’s now rejecting him, it’s time to separate them.
The female not being fierce or rude to the male,they just stay close to each other .I wait couple days see if female start fierce to male then return her to her cage.

As soon as the female starts to show aggressive posturing to the male get him or her out of the cage. She will hiss, rock back and forth, gape, etc….and then attack the male if he’s still in the cage.

She’s showing gravid colours…so she should be gravid. I think some of them will allow one more mating but IMHO it’s not worth he risk.

Have you had the female on the diet and temperature regime we suggest for the last few months?

Last edited:
I would not leave them together. They can hurt one another. She is not showing receptive colors in that picture. That is her saying to back off and leave her alone.

Hi everyone,sorry for I forget to updated.
The next day ,female chameleon is fierce to the male chameleon and like swinging left and right ,I think she already done fertilized ,So next day I had put her back to her cage and ready a laying bin for her.

Back
Top Bottom