Mating questions

SerpeRoma

Avid Member
Hey guys, this is my second attempt of having my chams mating, the first one was pretty rough so I separated them. This time the female is showing very bright colors, but acting aggressively. I'm not sure if she's down for some kinky stuff or if she's just rejecting the male.. any suggestions?
IMG_20211014_155356.jpg

When trying to mate them, I usually hold the male outside the female's cage and watch the reactions. If the female sways, gapes, turns dark bright colors, then she is not interested in mating and you can move the male back to his cage. If the female remains calm, does not inflate her body, walks slowly away from the male, etc then she is interested in mating and the male can be put in her cage. Continue to watch though in case things change. If the male acts aggressive don't put him into her cage. A while after the mating is done, the female will turn to her gravid colors.

When trying to mate them, I usually hold the male outside the female's cage and watch the reactions. If the female sways, gapes, turns dark bright colors, then she is not interested in mating and you can move the male back to his cage. If the female remains calm, does not inflate her body, walks slowly away from the male, etc then she is interested in mating and the male can be put in her cage. Continue to watch though in case things change. If the male acts aggressive don't put him into her cage. A while after the mating is done, the female will turn to her gravid colors.
I did the exact same thing, the female didn't move when the male was in front of her cage, she was just looking at him showing bright colors. When I put the male in the cage she started walking away, but when he grabbed her she started opening her mouth and acting aggressively. She's usually very shy and hides whenever she sees me, this time she didn't though, that why I thought she was interested in the male..

th lay clutches every 120 to 130ish days....did she show very dark background colors to him while trying to repel him?

Back
Top Bottom