Bloated

RevAnton

Hi guys,

I noticed yesterday when I went to turn my young Veiled's lights off he looked really bloated? Surely this isnt normal as he did not look like this at all the day before, just his normal self.

B37122A8-C596-4A1D-AFAE-2199EA8398DD-21265-00001A8F7F24E705.jpg

BE0C77BD-F5D7-4568-953F-0C86BC8E4026-21265-00001A8F7D3B6503.jpg

and this was him just days before.......

CashLump2.jpg

There has been no change in his diet, enclosure or feeding regime including the gutload his insects are getting.

Any help would be appreciated as I am worrying.

Thanks

Ant

Chunky may be good but so quickly? Thats what im confused about, he seems to have grown loads overnight?

how much did you feed today and yesterday cause reptiles have fast systems and certain things can just happen over night

He does eat alot for his size, he eats between 4-7 gutloaded crickets most days, and even then he still waits by his dish for more haha

Did you notice the bumps on the ribs in your last picture? Looks like several calluses due to broken ribs. His forearms look too round-shaped, too and his mouth isn't closing properly. All those symptoms could be signs for a lack of calcium and vitamin D3. And there's a huge bump right in front of his hip area reaching out the abdomen although there should be ribs to keep everything inside properly... I would really worry about this little guy and get him to a reptile vet immediately.

Maybe you can fill out the "how to ask for help form", then members can provide help to optimize cage setup, feeding and supplementation aditionally to your vet visit.

It might just be me but he looks ok in the first two pics the third one he looks dehydrated. also it may just be me but for 5 month old male veiled cham his casque looks really short.

Did you notice the bumps on the ribs in your last picture? Looks like several calluses due to broken ribs. His forearms look too round-shaped, too and his mouth isn't closing properly. All those symptoms could be signs for a lack of calcium and vitamin D3. And there's a huge bump right in front of his hip area reaching out the abdomen although there should be ribs to keep everything inside properly... I would really worry about this little guy and get him to a reptile vet immediately.

Maybe you can fill out the "how to ask for help form", then members can provide help to optimize cage setup, feeding and supplementation aditionally to your vet visit.

yea thats whati thought but he said it was the pictures

Seeing the pictures, he's not fine at all. Really not, you can't make a healthy chameleon looking like this by taking the picture in any strange way. Rib fractures and deformations need to be taken seriously, otherwise the chameleon will be a very severe case at the vet's soon.

that the old pic the one on top is the new one so it was maybe his bones,anyways you shoukd never really wait for what people say on chameleon forums and just go to a vet asap

Back
Top Bottom