Beyond angry!!

This is the black cap that has to be removed from the misting head. It protects the misting head from being damaged in transit.
20210303_075107.jpg
20210303_075123.jpg

U guys are weird

Its a diaphragm pump that is self priming.

The tube can be in the lid and snorkeled

The pump can be above the water line

The only down side to the above is you "may" have to prime the system "once" by taking off a single nozzle and running the system till water squirts out.
Untitled2.png

U guys are weird

The only down side to the above is you "may" have to prime the system "once" by taking off a single nozzle and running the system till water squirts out.
Agreed.
But we are trying to get it up and running.
And keep it that way in the future.:)

Step back and take a breath.
We are trying to help.
Yes, it will vibrate, at least the water line will. Quite a bit. That is why those clips are included with the system, so you can attach the line to the enclosure to mitigate the vibration. But we are getting ahead of ourselves. Let's get water flowing first.
Is the water line above the bulkhead fitting?
Is the pump BELOW the reservoir?
DI'd you follow the arrows on the pump so the water is flowing in the right direction?
Did you remove the plastic cap covering the misting head?
Post a pic of how it is currently set up if you would like more assistance.
Is the water line above the bulkhead fitting? if you mean the tubing that i insert into the bulkhead, yes. Not quite sure what you mean by water line.
Is the pump BELOW the reservoir? yes, the pump is on the ground and the reservoir is on a stand.
Did you follow the arrows on the pump so the water is flowing in the right direction? I'm confused, how do i control the arrow directions? I just put the tubing in.
Did you remove the plastic cap covering the misting head? Yes.

ill take a picture and post it on the thread.

U guys are weird

That's what I thought, but the system would not operate properly until the pump was sufficiently lower than the reservoir. Same any time the power went out, or I had to drain the system for modification, or the system went dry. The instructions were pretty clear (including the trouble-shooting section) about having the reservoir above the pump.

The parts may not look exactly like the manual or website shows, because they actually improved some of them, like the bulkhead is now metal instead of plastic—less likely to strip.

My eyes aren't what they used to be, but I didn't see the reservoir filter (yes, I know what it looks like :rolleyes: ) in either pic of the parts on page 1 of this thread. In order for the filter to function properly, it must be installed horizontally; this is why it's recommended to drill the hole in the side of the reservoir instead of the bottom.

1614781768922.jpeg

I located the hole in one corner of the "rectangular" reservoir, and built a stand that both raises it above the pump and leaves less unused water in the reservoir. To provide a little more height, I put another piece of 2x (not shown) under the base.

1614781953313.png

https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/mistking-reservoir-bucket-size.178080/

Take a picture of the pump, from above. It is hard to tell from that picture, but I think you may have your water lines reversed

Look how helpful these people are. Be thankful for this forum.
beyond thankful, my chameleon wouldn't be alive today w/o this community. I am easily frusturated.. thats all. I do apologize for it. I put my blood sweat and tears into this cham especially her being a female i want everything perfect!

Ill get back to this after work i have to go now!

Hey, we all get frustrated sometimes. It's intimidating at first, but once you get it up and running I think you'll see it's not that bad. Definitely worth having a mistking!

That's what I thought, but the system would not operate properly until the pump was sufficiently lower than the reservoir. Same any time the power went out, or I had to drain the system for modification, or the system went dry. The instructions were pretty clear (including the trouble-shooting section) about having the reservoir above the pump.

The parts may not look exactly like the manual or website shows, because they actually improved some of them, like the bulkhead is now metal instead of plastic—less likely to strip.

My eyes aren't what they used to be, but I didn't see the reservoir filter (yes, I know what it looks like :rolleyes: ) in either pic of the parts on page 1 of this thread. In order for the filter to function properly, it must be installed horizontally; this is why it's recommended to drill the hole in the side of the reservoir instead of the bottom.

View attachment 294532

I located the hole in one corner of the "rectangular" reservoir, and built a stand that both raises it above the pump and leaves less unused water in the reservoir. To provide a little more height, I put another piece of 2x (not shown) under the base.

View attachment 294533

https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/mistking-reservoir-bucket-size.178080/
my filter wont connect to my bulkhead on the inside of the reservoir. It just doesn't fit properly i cant get it to piece together.

The water should flow from the reservoir to the misting head in the direction of the arrow.
And I believe you need to use a small piece of the black tubing to connect the filter to the bulkhead.
I think . I don't use those filters

Back
Top Bottom