Best way to remove a chameleon from their cage?

Ghostbirb

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hey guys! As you know I’m taking Nachito to the vet tomorrow. And of course that will mean taking her out of her cage.
The thing is she isn’t really friendly so shes usually too skittish to be lured onto my hand with a bug.
She also tries to either eat my fingers or bite me when my hand gets to close.
So what would be the best way to take her from her enclosure? Maybe put some glove on and grab her?

I would love some advice!

Hey guys! As you know I’m taking Nachito to the vet tomorrow. And of course that will mean taking her out of her cage.
The thing is she isn’t really friendly so shes usually too skittish to be lured onto my hand with a bug.
She also tries to either eat my fingers or bite me when my hand gets to close.
So what would be the best way to take her from her enclosure? Maybe put some glove on and grab her?

I would love some advice!
Can she be coaxed onto another stick? I'd say get something that's her favorite, and coax her onto the stick, then transfer her from stick to travel box, which you should have set up before you try and go, by simply getting her to crawl into it and away from you. Once you get her in there and put her in the dark, she should go to sleep.

If you have time to put something in her cage early, you could also maybe see if you can fit the travel box in her enclosure and entice her in there with bugs, then close the top and remove it from the enclosure. No need to handle her to get her in, and getting her back out (with the help of the vet putting her in while at the office) should be as easy as putting the box opening facing the enclosure and letting her crawl out.

My panther and Jackson’s are pretty scared of me. My panther will bite me if I try to handle him or touch him in any way. I have a stick and it just try to coax them onto. Have her vet box ready so you can carefully but quickly put her in there as soon as she is on the stick. Plan like an hour of time to do this before you need to actually leave for the vet.

Back
Top Bottom