Behold!

Persnickety Parson's

Chameleon Enthusiast
My epic colony of cold stunned roaches.

I'm calling you out @jamest0o0 your pathetic roach colonies can't hold a candle to these numbers. Post more so I can gloat mercilessly.

0208211302a~2.jpg

0208211302.jpg

In all seriousness I don't know how many will make it, ive messed with a few that seemed dead, but they would pull their feets in when they thought I wasn't looking.

I will check on them tomorrow to see who's dead vs who is expertly playing dead.(They are being slowly warmed up to 80 degrees)

I have more ordered from another source as well so hopefully I will get a good genetic base.

All in all not an auspicious return to the roach hobby but a start.

Also who can guess the species based off the nymphs, I have a single living adult and know what they are but this could be a fun game.

Eublaberus have always been a little more sensitive to temperature shock for me. Hoping they pull through for you, was always a scary sign when they weren't moving much. I have loads of these guys currently and my pantanal, distanti, and orangeheads are breeding a lot too.

Well the larger ones barely move when I handle them but they look very lethargic. I've moved them closer to their hot spot, now at 85 degrees.

0208211657~2.jpg

I am not putting them on said hot spot as the last thing I want to do is heat shock them. Even the up side down ones move a little when in my hand. So hope isn't lost but this is disheartening.

No, notable progress, they are alive but don't move unless held, if they survive the night I will give them the tarantula ICU treatment which involves putting them in a small enclosure with heat, easy access to water, and high humidity. If that won't revive them, then it's likely they suffered permanent damage from the cold.

The thing is they were packed properly so no blame on the human end can be assigned.

Is someone sorting dead roaches on a granite counter top?

I will sort roaches where ever I want too. In the kitchen, on a plane, in a train, on a boat, in a moat.

That said out of 24 plus roaches I ordered im going to be lucky if I get five total. Three are healthy and active, the rest are barely clinging on.

Here they are in the icu the goal is to allow them to drink along with high humidity and heat to rehydrate themselves in case that is the cause of their distress.

To be honest of all those roaches only three are looking potentially salvageable.

0209211451~2.jpg

@jamest0o0

I will sort roaches where ever I want too. In the kitchen, on a plane, in a train, on a boat, in a moat.

That said out of 24 plus roaches I ordered im going to be lucky if I get five total. Three are healthy and active, the rest are barely clinging on.

Here they are in the icu the goal is to allow them to drink along with high humidity and heat to rehydrate themselves in case that is the cause of their distress.

To be honest of all those roaches only three are looking potentially salvageable.

View attachment 292128
@jamest0o0

I shipped my entire colony of giant green banana roaches for like $100 may/june one year, guess the shipper left them on the tarmat for a few hours, because they arrived cooked...

Back
Top Bottom