Beardies

That's a new one on me; I thought I had tried them all.

So sorry he went through all that. Too many people go into this (keeping herps) because it seems the cool fad of the moment rather than doing the proper investigating. Glad you got him back and he's doing better.
That Lady is a Flipper.... She gets any Animal and tries to sell it for a ridiculous amount of money...
When I rehomed My beardie to her, I alwasy ask Pictures of set up. If something is Missing, I wont give him up. She had Everything. I asked for a re homing fee of $80.
She did The $80, a week later he was posted for $160. Just him no enclosure, Super thin, I dodnt even think she had a tank for him. Labeled him as She, and said she had her since she hatched 7 months ago lol...
I ended up getting it Back for $40.

That Lady is a Flipper.... She gets any Animal and tries to sell it for a ridiculous amount of money...
When I rehomed My beardie to her, I alwasy ask Pictures of set up. If something is Missing, I wont give him up. She had Everything. I asked for a re homing fee of $80.
She did The $80, a week later he was posted for $160. Just him no enclosure, Super thin, I dodnt even think she had a tank for him. Labeled him as She, and said she had her since she hatched 7 months ago lol...
That, IMO, is criminal. I'm going to leave it at that. (If anyone hasn't noticed, I tend to rant)

WTH is wrong with people? Argh! ? So very glad you were able to get him back. Things like this are why I much prefer to spend my life with animals rather than humans.

I have live plants in Ol' Stinkeye's enclosure, but they're in decorative (fake lava rock) planters, and the soil is covered with river pebbles of appropriate size that he can't swallow. It keeps him from digging them out, but he still rips the ? out of them, and devours others.
1596125257404.jpeg

That used to be an Oxtongue (Gasteria) on the left. He nibbled the tops of the leaves a few weeks ago, and this morning we noticed he'd gone to town on what was left... (sigh).

I beg your stuff! :)LOL:) Today he got fresh coleslaw (no dressing) and prickly pear fruit. No takesies yet.
I hope the cactus fruit doesn't stain the slate tile substrate... :cautious:
I’ll have to try the coleslaw. Every day I make Spike a beautiful little salad. Every day he tramples it and tosses more out of his dish than he eats.

No kidding?
OK, now I gotta wonder... Have you got more pictures of your daughter, or your reptiles? :LOL:
Used to be my daughter. She used to be a HAM for the camera. But as she is now approaching 13, she no longer likes when i take her pic. She says its awkward...my reptiles never complain. Lol. So i have more current ones of my reptiles.

I beg your stuff! :)LOL:) Today he got fresh coleslaw (no dressing) and prickly pear fruit. No takesies yet.
I hope the cactus fruit doesn't stain the slate tile substrate... :cautious:
Well, he was seen eating some cabbage (he's eaten it before, but he strews more around than he eats). He didn't eat any of the cactus fruit, but he dragged his belly through it several times...
Red dragon belly.

Later in the day we found this...

I've fallen... and I can't get out!
1596200452082.jpeg

He's had this cork round since the day we brought him home (almost a year). In all that time, he has NEVER climbed or crawled inside. Both ends are open, but where the bottom is unobstructed (and we always expected he'd climb in that end first—if he ever did) the top is resting against—and blocked by—the back wall of the enclosure.

It looked (from the angle of his tail) like he climbed in toward the bottom, so we left him there, figuring he'd climb out when he was ready or got cold...

Three hours later, nothing had changed, so we thought it best to intervene. I pulled the log out and peaked, and sure enough, he had climbed upward toward the blocked end. There's not enough room in there for him to turn around (like there would have been if he'd ever done this when he was a babe), so he was STUCK! And it didn't look like a good idea to try to pull him out. So I gently grabbed the base of his tail with two fingers and wiggled it a little, and he shot out the end of the log like he had a fire lit under him.

Only time will tell if he'll venture inside the log again. I'm just glad he didn't ? in there.
...and he still has a red belly. Looks like it may be bath day. :rolleyes:

Used to be my daughter. She used to be a HAM for the camera. But as she is now approaching 13, she no longer likes when i take her pic. She says its awkward...my reptiles never complain. Lol. So i have more current ones of my reptiles.
Sounds typical (teenager). I recall going through the same phase, and I never outgrew it. :rolleyes:

Funny, I've always used my dogs for pillows too! ? Some took to it—some didn't—but one of those that didn't was a natural-born spooner. Any time anyone would lie on the floor, he'd be right there with his back plastered against them. :)

Sounds typical (teenager). I recall going through the same phase, and I never outgrew it. :rolleyes:

Funny, I've always used my dogs for pillows too! ? Some took to it—some didn't—but one of those that didn't was a natural-born spooner. Any time anyone would lie on the floor, he'd be right there with his back plastered against them. :)
Yes, both my dogs flop to their sides as soon as someone lays on the floor! Their like "oooh cuddle time!!"

Back
Top Bottom