Beardies

AmandaS

Retired Moderator
Hey, just preordered a baby beardie from a local reptile shop.
Does anyone have any good caresheets or sites or things I should know?
I would like to have the enclosure and everything set up before we get it home.

Is there a way to sex baby beardies? Just so I know what look for when I go back.

Also know that they eat ALOT when they are babies. ALOT.

You may also suffer from the effects of cuteness overload.

13 year old male on the left, 1 year old female on the right. I find it hilarious the old dude has basically male pattern baldness of spikes.
IMG_20140222_101742.jpg

@nightanole Here is my boy, Mars, after a soak. He will be turning 4 this year. He had 2 back to back (within 2-3 weeks of each other) tail amputations a couple months ago, hence the absence of his tail. Hes a good boy. He looks chunky in the photo from his position but his diet is going really well actually. He got chunky after his surgeries.
1588298939670.jpeg

Heres juno. He is about a year old. Small for his age, but slowly starting to gain more weight. Chronic vomiting problem, still don't know exactly what's wrong. Guessing some sort of internal problems. Aspirated vomit into his lungs a month or two ago and almost suffocated, but we managed to save him. But he's been doing good lately, no major vomiting for a month now. Hoping for the best.

IMG_4018.JPG

IMG_4315.JPG

To be honest, I feel like an awful owner. One beardie has a current problem and one has half a tail. Lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom