Beardies

Bath day didn't happen. It's been (at least) a week since he made a stinkie, but today he let loose—and how. We're thinking it must have been a double—there were 2 separate distinct urates. Missus says it's the biggest pile she's ever seen him make—he must be a Soady.

Bath day didn't happen. It's been (at least) a week since he made a stinkie, but today he let loose—and how. We're thinking it must have been a double—there were 2 separate distinct urates. Missus says it's the biggest pile she's ever seen him make—he must be a Soady.
Ok, I’ll give...what’s a soady?

Ok, I’ll give...what’s a soady?
? Obscure movie reference. My bad—I was fishing to see if anyone got it. :rolleyes:
It's from a quirky little deer-hunting cult flick called Escanaba in da Moonlight (2001), written & directed by Jeff Daniels. Daniels plays the only member of the Michigan Upper Penninsula deer-hunting Soady family who hasn't bagged a buck.

In one scene, his father (played by Harve Presnell), who considers himself a "man's man," expounds, “A Soady craps so big, he’s gotta stand up to get offa it.”

? Obscure movie reference. My bad—I was fishing to see if anyone got it. :rolleyes:
It's from a quirky little deer-hunting cult flick called Escanaba in da Moonlight (2001), written & directed by Jeff Daniels. Daniels plays the only member of the Michigan Upper Penninsula deer-hunting Soady family who hasn't bagged a buck.

In one scene, his father (played by Harve Presnell), who considers himself a "man's man," expounds, “A Soady craps so big, he’s gotta stand up to get offa it.”
Never saw that movie. That’s a good line though. ?

Hey, AmandaS
Does Opal ever do this? :D
1596306516617.jpeg

1596306538148.jpeg

After being "out" for several hours yesterday (sitting by the Missus' sewing window), he crashed early (see above pics).

After waking up & basking this morning, he spent about 3 hours like this...

1596398186189.jpeg

1596398203762.jpeg

Think he's trying to tell us something? :rolleyes:

Trust me I've heard it 100 times. I wanna add some tile slabs but not sure where I can get them cut to the right size and what sizes I would have to tell the people lol I'm not handy at all lol
Im going to tile too, Easier to maintenance... Eventually I wanna do excavator clay on his permanent set up.

Trust me I've heard it 100 times. I wanna add some tile slabs but not sure where I can get them cut to the right size and what sizes I would have to tell the people lol I'm not handy at all lol
BT-DT I used 12"x24" (nom.) tiles. I couldn't find anyone to cut them either, and they were too large for an affordable tile cutter. Then when I went to pick up the cut lumber for the enclosure, I saw a familiar looking machine in the cabinet-maker's driveway.

"That wouldn't perchance be a tile saw, would it?" I asked. "Yeah," he replied, "You wanna borrow it?"
?‍♂️

I had already designed the enclosure around the tiles, so I wouldn't have to cut them.

Smaller tiles will certainly work; it depends on the space you have for them, the look you're trying to achieve, whether you plan to grout or not, etc.

What are the inside dimensions of the enclosure?

Dang! I just weighed and measured Spike...328 Gm and looks to be around 18” (he wouldn’t stay still).
Sounds good! Each one is different, but at 18", Ol' Stinkeye ranged from 360-370g.
He's (seemingly) topped out at 19", and has been constant at 440g for a couple of months.
It's amazing what an extra inch or so can put on the little boogers. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom