Beardies

Spike is a beardie on a mission. He spends the bulk of his day obsessively scratching/surfing the window frantically and jumping around. Barely takes a nibble of his salads. Refused to finish his crickets on bug day. If he can only get to the other side of the window, he just knows there’s got to be a girl there for him. It’s hard to even hold him as he keeps looking like he’s going to make suicide leaps. Poor guy.

How are the beardies everyone?
Giving the 'stinkeye'. What else would he be doing?

1645739136604.png

Mars prances around the front of his cage every now and then in the spring when he's looking for ladies, not usually as 'severe' as @MissSkittles described. With the exception of when it's a bug feeding day. In which case he seems to forget there is a barrier between me and him as I sort out his meal.

Giving the 'stinkeye'. What else would he be doing?

View attachment 320446
Orion gives me this look constantly lol. He knows the ways already.

Mars prances around the front of his cage every now and then in the spring when he's looking for ladies, not usually as 'severe' as @MissSkittles described. With the exception of when it's a bug feeding day. In which case he seems to forget there is a barrier between me and him as I sort out his meal.

Orion gives me this look constantly lol. He knows the ways already.
How old is Mars? Spike just turned 2 and I’m thinking his hormones are at their peak now. He’s got all those urges and energy and no outlet. I’ll try giving him more time running around the ‘safe’ room and let him burn some energy off.

Mars is 5, turning 6 this November. So a decent bit older than Spike. He was much more active during 'mating season' when he was younger, around the 1-3 year old mark.

Mars had 2 surgeries a couple years back due to tail complications, he's my stumpy tailed boy (used to be 19 inches long, he is now 13-14 inches). Ever since then he's calmed down considerably and i'm unsure if being put under twice in a short period of time affected that. He gets out-of-cage time almost daily where he gets to run around the room and do whatever it is he deems worth doing (which he seems to enjoy), so I think Spike will enjoy that too.

Believe it or don't, I took this while he was actually watching TV from across the room.
Sorry about the (lack of) focus. I was laughing so hard and zoomed in so close that I couldn't hold the camera still.

1647282996288.png

Then he slept in his mountain again, and woke up like this..

1647283180872.png

Back
Top Bottom